Patter lines for tricks

Nov 9, 2007
Guys pleases to introduce myself Avinash. I'm based in India and I have currently been doing magic for the past 3-4 years. I study in a college.

It would be great if we could have the members here give good patter lines for a few tricks or routines.

Patter lines could rather have a more magical meaning. A storyline which would intrigue the spectator's mind. You know, the trick should not just be plain. It should have a meaning and should make sense to the crown who you are performing to. As long as I am concerned I usually like to keep a short patter with a little bit of humour which I make up myself on the spot depending on the spectators(ONLY THE HUMOUR PART). It's better not to drag the story or patter too much or the audience might just lose the entire idea or goal behind the trick. At times they may just start gazing at your faces as if you are giving some big lecture in a classroom.

So let us have you guys post your most humourous patter lines or good patter with strong reactions!

Cheers

Avi(Illusino Cardito)

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
i will share one of my homemade patter lines here for my ACR. not gonna write down my methodes here just the patter:

U guys watch action movies? like james bond etc? u know those action heroes does all these ultra cool stunts, but they dont do the stunts themselves, they rely on the stuntman, u know the guy who does the stunts, it is similar with cards, ..... hmm ... let me show u what i mean...

*hot sj0t cut* pew pew

u see this card does all the ultra air spins and stuff, meet the action card...

*put it on top of the deck and turn over a double*

but it is not him that is doing all the stunts, it is this guy over here....

*use any changes that comes to your mind to show the real top card*

yah they look the same dont they when u look on the back side? that is how the camera works. just so that we can track it easier, why dont u sign your name on the card and put it back in.

*use any card control technique to get it in to double lift pos*

u see, he is just like an actor, except he does uber stunts when u say "ACTION !"

*show card has now jumped to top*

what? u didnt catch that one? was he too fast for ya? sure lets try again. and
"ACTION" !!

*dont care what move u use*

wow that was really fast, i almost missed it myself. i know what u thinking, he isnt going in to the middle himself, he has a stuntman too !!, but no watch carefully, he is really going to the middle himself.

*what ever move, i use a card to mouth here*

sorry, couldnt say action there, my mouth was full... u guys ever wondering why i always put the card face down in to the deck? that is because he is the stuntman, stuntman never show his face to the camera u see, that is why from our pov we can only see his back, but just for this once, we gonna show his face without disguise and put him in to the middle of the packet. All u need to do is say "Action !"

*i use a modified ed marlo tilt and then classic cc"

see, he is really good, but lets make it more difficult for him !

*get in pos for the pop up move !!*

lets shoot him in the leg !! (while bending the carD) eh, i ment shoot him in the back.... it is ok, that is what he is beeing paid for, no animal, eh i mean no cards has been harmed during this process. now lets drop this chunk of stone on top of him !!

ready? and "ACTION !!"

*gasp*

The End !

PS: If i caught anyone using my exact lines, u are dead man !

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results