PatterBookLookbook

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
So I have a little project in mind to help all the magicians out here grow (and myself too in the procces) as live performers and it's called a patter/performance book?

Now in resume is kinda like the "Go. out .Perform" Project (wich you can see here ) but withouth the fat.

So the Go out perform thing started to help magicians grow with their performances, it went like "boom!" and everyone had "Go. Out. Perform" in their signature (admit it, it is catchy) and it was awesome! then two hours passed and the project died. Then I brought it to the surface again, and it died yet again.

Anyway any of you guys know what a lookbook is?

I'll accept it, I kinda like to dress nicely and a lookbook is great for this, you can see other people outifts and grab little ideas on how to dress yourself ( yes I love fashion but I'm not gay ). Now, Im going to do the same with performances, I have quite a number of performances on a widely array of routines and tricks ( performances posted on the go out perform thread) and to be honest, and in my opinion, it has helped me greatly to see others perform, like for example the ACR, because I see little details and nuances that I can add to my routine and therefore I start to grow as a performer watching. Ironic isn't it?

So that's mainly the idea, and it would look like this:

PATTERBOOK INDEX

ACR:

LINK..... PERFORMER
LINK..... PERFORMER
LINK..... PERFORMER
LINK..... PERFORMER
LINK..... PERFORMER

HERE THEN THERE

LINK..... PERFORMER
LINK..... PERFORMER
LINK..... PERFORMER

TWO CARD MONTE

LINK..... PERFORMER
LINK..... PERFORMER

So I need your help guys, all you need to do is post here any performance of a card trick, coin trick and what not (they have to be for a live audience) so that I can have material to work with and to start to make this index I'm talking about.

So yeah that's it and I hope you guys can help me out.

Dec 26, 2009
I would also add oil and water in the patter book. The reason I say this is I hear people all the time say that they don't like the patter to oil and water effect but Helder Guimaraes has Shaaken, which is an oil and water, but not presented as an oil and water routine. I have talked to Helder and he told me that is exactly what he was going for when he made Shaaken.

Just an idea.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
The idea is to have quite a lot of categories to look for.... Think of it like the "Complete list of reviews" that Sean Reaf has.

It will be like "Control + f, then typing the code for example, triumph," and BAM! you have a whole list of performances to watch.

:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results