pay with debit card?

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
maybe this is a dumb question but i dont have a credit card, i just have my banks debit card, ive used it for paypal, but since the site doesnt accept paypal, do they take debit?

Sep 2, 2007
I'm not sure, but if you try to use a debit card, and, if it doesn't work, then you'll know that it's not accepted. Whenever I go to a store to buy goods, I hand in a debit card, and the receipts shows that I submitted a credit card, so I would assume you could use it. To be sure, however, you should submit a ticket -- http://www.theory11.com/support.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
If you're over 16, get a Much credit card. It's just a Debiot card pretty much, that works online...

Sep 1, 2007
Dont worry about it. Im 16 and I got a bank account when I started working and I only have a debit card. So far ive purchased two 1on1s and Distortion and Panic and it all went fine so it does work with debit.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Yep, you can absolutly purchase things from T11 with a debit card. I've bought everything from here with my bank debit card. So, I don't see how you could have a problem with that!

Good luck!

Shane K.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
How exactly do you do that though? It only has the option for a credit card, and requires expiration dates etc, all things that are not on a debit card.

Sep 2, 2007
How exactly do you do that though? It only has the option for a credit card, and requires expiration dates etc, all things that are not on a debit card.

Try leaving it blank, but I'm not sure that will work. My debit card, which is a MasterCard, has a expiration date, et cetera -- all the things that are on a credit card, except it says debit card. Maybe only certain types of debit cards, those that are most similar to credit cards, are accepted.

Cheers,
JTM

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Try leaving it blank, but I'm not sure that will work. My debit card, which is a MasterCard, has a expiration date, et cetera -- all the things that are on a credit card, except it says debit card. Maybe only certain types of debit cards are accepted.

Cheers,
JTM

LOL, that would be a credit card you have. It is just one through your bank.

Sep 2, 2007
LOL, that would be a credit card you have. It is just one through your bank.

No, it's a debit card. A debit card is like a check, as the funds are withdrawn directly from my bank account -- it acts as a gift card. Whereas, a credit card is like a loan from the bank and adds interest to the transaction, which I pay later on -- in contrast to the debit card, which I pay from cash within my bank account immediately after the transaction.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
The best way to know is to simply try it. I tried my debit card though and it didn't work.....:confused:

Thats kinda weird. I have a Visa debit card or check card they call it. It withdraws the funds directly from your checking account and it works for me.

for some of the info you need to go to the bank and get them to get the information, at least that's how it was for me, but mine doesn't work, that's why I'm still hoping they put up paypal. But a staff member should come here to answer this officially.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I believe that everyone who thinks they are purchasing with a debit/bank card is using what is known as a check card. Like a Visa check card. It works like an instant check, which is why it withdraws immediately, and is done through your bank, but it can also be used like a credit card with you signing at the cashier etc.

Any who, this does not really help with those who only have an old fashioned bank/debit card. Not one of your fancy shmancy new aged ones :p

I have also tried entering my debit card and it is only received as an invalid credit card entry.

Now, I tried to call the customer service number for Theory 11, but it only said that the number cannot be reached from my location. I found this very odd as, though I live in Canada, I have never had any problem with calls to the USA.

In no way am I finding any of this to be mistakes or bad service on Theory 11's part, simply a bit of an inconvenience for people like myself, especially when we really want to buy from T11.

I was hoping to be one of their first customers. I was also waiting for this store since before Asher mentioned Theory 11 at the Cafe. Waa waa, poor me ;)

Sep 24, 2007
I have a debit card but i'm in the UK and my card is a SOLO debit and i don't think theory 11 accept that, but i'm not 100% sure. its just that usually when i get stuff from the US i have to use paypal. so i'm a bit stuck because i cant get any of the stuff on the website, apart from when people try and sell them on ebay for like 10 times the price :p completely sucks.....any advice?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results