pdf wire

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
Is there a possibility of posting a pdf on the wire accompanied by a video? Just wondering.

thanks!

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I don't think so, since you cannot upload .zip files, for example. I guess the submitting form only accepts .mov, .m4v or .mp4. Hope this helps :)

Xa2

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
At this time, no, the Wire only takes videos alone. But that's an interesting concept, putting written material on the Wire. Theory 11 should consider that possibility, I think downloadable written material would be great.

Jul 19, 2013
You could in the explanation video give the link to the pdf that you can upload on a site for filesharing?

Sep 1, 2007
At this time, no, the Wire only takes videos alone. But that's an interesting concept, putting written material on the Wire. Theory 11 should consider that possibility, I think downloadable written material would be great.

Unfortunately that's entirely dependent on whether or not they think they can make money that way. Given what a massive uphill battle it is on the forums to get people to read books as it is, I'm not sure they have the right audience.

Jul 22, 2013
California
Unfortunately that's entirely dependent on whether or not they think they can make money that way. Given what a massive uphill battle it is on the forums to get people to read books as it is, I'm not sure they have the right audience.
Keep pushing those books, though, Steer. Heck, I never thought books would be a viable way of learning, and I have learned so much in Sleight of Hand and the copy of Royal Road I found within these past two days than I have in any downloads I've purchased combined. You turned another one :)

Apr 17, 2013
If we could upload PDFs to the wire I might be tempted to post my lectures with notes

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I thought they took PDFs at one point? Didn't Draven post his "How to Get Gigs and Keep Clients" series on The Wire?

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
trikuxabi, PAV the Wire has always taken PDFs, I've submitted 2. Right now William Draven's e-book is all that is there.

http://www.theory11.com/wire/william-draven/get-gigs-keep-clients/

When you go yo load it just load your PDF file rather than a video file. You do need a video preview though. If there has been a change it must have been very recent, Draven's was up within the first month.

Yeah, I was aware of that, but when I personally tried to upload a file that wasn't a video the form gave an error. I asked the reason by submitting a ticket and I was told only videos could be uploaded. Maybe they have changed the things a bit, though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results