Pen and Cigarette Stuff...

May 19, 2008
manchester
so were can I learn pen and cigarette manipulation?

I have... the amateur magicians handbook and it has a bit about cigarettes but is their any books that just specialize in it?

and what about pen magic?

anyone know any places for tricks/sleights?

thanks.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Check out Greg Wilsons 'Recapped' routine, printed in The first Art of Astonishment book and on his 'Off the Cuff' DVD.
Also, Apollo Robbins' 'Son of Recapped' routine from Cultural Exchange 2 is well worth noting. Ahem.

Jesse Feinberg recently released a very novel effect which is worth consideration.

Jay Sankey has a nice effect in Sankey Unleashed named 'Mightier than the sword', and David Acer had a lovely routine in Random Acts of magic, the name of which eludes me.

Hope this has been of some assistance.

CL

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Pens: I cant really talk much bout pens, but below are a few products i have seen and used:
Gregory Wilsons Recapped: Great effect, teaches you misdirection, sleight of hand, good stuff. Can be found in Off the Cuff, On the Spot, and Back in Action 2 i think.
Appolo Robbins Son of Recapped: Similiar Effect. Requires an extra prop. But looks a lot cooler. A lot more twists. Can be found in Cultural Exchance 2.
Jesse Feinberg's Cigapen: A very visual effect. A cigarette turns into a pen with just a wave.
Jesse Feinberg's Write Angle: A pen bend, comes with gimmicks etc. Very visual effect. When presented well, will look kickass. I made a Sharpie version
Jesse Feinberg's Sharpie Manual: His manuscript on Sharpie Magic. This isnt the sleight of hand magic though. This is the gimmick he made for performing with sharpies and mini sharpies.
Perplexing Pen: Similiar to the PK Sharpie. Pen is placed on a glass. The magician concentrates, it falls off. Comes with gimmick. Can be done feet away, no thread, no wind, totally clean.
Psychokinetic Pen: Same thing as the Perplexing Pen but with a Bic brand pen. Comes with gimmicked and non gimmicked. Produced by Banachek. I like this more than Perplexing pen as this is more flexible to use.
PK Sharpie: Same as the other two pens above, but with a sharpie.
Mislead: More of a pencil trick, visual pencil through bill. Copperfield did this before. pretty nice.
John Cornelius' Bendable Pen: Basically a gimmicked pen which allows you to bend it but others cant. kinda pricey, but whatever.
Super Sharpie: Im not sure if this is the real name of it, but basically it is the same as the PK Sharpie, but you can use it on a lot more surfaces. This one can rotate then fall as well. The other 3 pens are not under your control, while this one is. Costs a lot more but yea...

May 19, 2008
manchester
yeah...

im just thinking of a routine that I could do (fake ciggerates).

so I was thing, I start with a ciggerate in my lips (lol) and I produce 3 coins, do 3fly, make two vanish, get the ciggarette and make it into a pen (cigapen) before tapping it on my fist and make the last coin vanish, then vanish the pen.

it would be a silent routine so lots happens.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results