Pendulums

Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Hey guys!

So this is going to be one of the more unorthodox threads so far and basically I want to ask if anyone, specifically mentalists, has or knows of references or sources that I can use to learn more about Pendulum work and correctly incorporating it into magic routines.

I came across this in one of Banachek's books that briefly touched on the subject and taught a few tricks with it so I know that it is being used in mentalism.

Please feel free to leave any information you have and also let me know your opinions on using Pendulums in mentalism!

Thanks in advance! :D

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Pendulums are very interesting. I know Derren Brown and Steve Cohen have both used pendulums in their professional acts. I can't seem to find a specific Ebook that was available on pendulums. You might look into table tipping and other seance type magic as well.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
You now have me researching Pendulum effects and methods heavily now. I can't use one because of the audience (kids), but regardless, they're neat to watch.

Talk to ChristopherT (he's a magician, not mentalist, just to be specific). He uses his own Pendulum effect that he has good success with. He should have some resources for pendulums.

Colin

Elite Member
Jan 25, 2013
ebooks by Bob Cassidy, David Thiel and Bill Cushman can all be found at magicpendulums Richard Webster also is a good one to look up for pendulem work.

Paul Voodini includes pendulums in a number of his pdf products as well.

Reactions: Josh Burch
Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
Pendulums are very interesting. I know Derren Brown and Steve Cohen have both used pendulums in their professional acts. I can't seem to find a specific Ebook that was available on pendulums. You might look into table tipping and other seance type magic as well.

Hey there, I've checked out as much seance work as I could ever since I saw Derren Brown's stage seance act, due to the type of magic I perform, Pendulum work is perfect. But I'll definitely check out some more seance acts. Thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results