People of the night and day...

Jul 13, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqp0OpzMAI

A song to relax to.

But now to make it magic related, I have found that I draw inspiration onto how to make my magic performance better through listening to chorus music and orchestrated pieces. Now the music doesn't necessarily inspire me to create new presentations of effect, but it certainly puts my mind at ease and makes it easier to focus on a problem.

What do you all do when you are tackling a difficult problem?

I have to admit music is also has an influence on my magic, Nox Arcana, Metal, Masters of Hardcore (Bass heavy techno), and Enigma (meditative music) has made me want to make my magic fast and hard like metal and aggressive techno. Then of course we have the slowed calm smooth magic with a hint of supernatural, all influenced by music styling like Nox, Midnight Syndicate, and Hardcore techno artists.

If you were to sit and think about what influences you the most what would it be?

I am very curious onto other's answers and would appreciate more then one sentence.

Thanks for your time,

Silver

Tim Minchin and the band i listen to at that moment. I usually listen to 1 record from a band until i find a better one and so on.

But Tim has been there for a while now. The reason being that he is just amazing. Everything he does inspires me and makes me feel right at home. Also the surroundings i have inspire me, right now the snow i going away so i have a mental block but soon enough it will be spring and everything will be inspiring once again.

Every little detail inspires me and sometimes just falling into Deviantart.com helps a lot.

M.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
My methods of problem solving generally involve distracting part of my brain so that I can process tasks in the background. So a lot of times I'll watch a movie, read a book, take a walk, juggle, practice poi, write, etc. Just do stuff that I'm good at, that I don't have to dedicate a lot of mind power to, and let things stew in the subconscious.

My influences are pretty wide ranging. Movies like Paranormal Activity, The Blair Witch Project, Poltergeist, Harry Potter, Batman, Saved, Serenity.. Shows like House M.D., The Mentalist, Lie To Me, Castle, Dexter, Dr. Who, Dollhouse, Torchwood .. music like Tom Waits, Nick Cave, Operatica, Vanessa Mae, The Dresden Dolls, Tool, Tosca, Voltaire, Zoe Keating, HIM, Metallica, Joe Hisaishi, Juno Reactor, Kim Hiorthoy ... authors like H. P. Lovecraft, J. R. R. Tolkien, J. K. Rowling, China Mieville, Douglas Adams, Neil Gaiman, Dante ... subjects like demonology, herbalism, mythology, anthropology, psychology, history, religion, spirituality, toxicology .. artwork by Escher and Dali ... Basically, anything that seems remotely interesting to me at some point gets studied and filed away. Then when I want to create imagery or whatever I let those things ruminate and something comes to the surface.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results