People trade magic tricks?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
yeah, people from communities such as youtube or any other cracky socially retarded gathering love to trade either the real dvd rip or just a webcam video of themselves explaining how the trick works - but just their basics.

a form of cyber mating perhaps?

Sep 20, 2007
People trading artists ideas and effects, which they make a living off of. Disrespectful if you ask me. lol

Here is a conversation I had with luicuba1993 on youtube.

luicuba1993
PLZZZZZ tell me how to do daniel madison change if you want i can give you some tricks i got like loops 1,2,3 Ivanish,Stigmata,mindbender andmore reply

Sincerely luis

beanzmagic
Please read this. I wish you luck on your magical journey.

http://www.deceptionsunlimited.com/ethics.html

luicuba1993
plzz comon just tell me how to do the gimmick

beanzmagic
Who said it was gimmicked?

luicuba1993
stop trying to be houdini and share beacuse i can come up whit new ideas and i can share them whit you

beanzmagic
I am not trying to be Houdini; I am trying to respect my art. I am not interested in your "sharing ideas".

luicuba1993
what art?
what ever
listen and listen good i know you didnty make this trick you just saw some1 do it and saw hes tutorial so stop been a noob and share because i have many ideas for this trick.

and if you want buy criss angel masterminds lv1 and you will hear criss say is good to sahere the art because if you share it you raise the bar in magic .
The art of magic, which should be treated with respect. If you have so many ideas then why are you asking me.

beanzmagic
The art of magic, which should be treated with respect. If you have so many ideas then why are you asking me.

and if you want buy Rick Maue's "The Book Of HauntedMagick" and read the essay on exposure.

luicuba1993
OMG why r u making write so much this is the deal ill give u about 900 torrents im not kidding all about magic

beanzmagic
OMG you won't give up. I'll give you the greatest secret in magic if you promise to leave me alone!

luicuba1993
k thx can us end me a tutorial plzz

beanzmagic
Here is the greatest secret in magic:

The Rules(Code)

1. Don't EVER tell the secret.

2. Only perform magic in the perfect situations.

3. Leave them wanting more.

4. Learning one trick very well is better than learning 100 tricks partially well.

5. Practice to absolute perfection. Then practice some more.

If YOU live by these magic rules you will understand the greatest secret. Don't expect any more replies from me.

He sent me another message begging and crap but I didn't reply to him and I'm never planing on it.;)

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
hehe

People trading artists ideas and effects, which they make a living off of. Disrespectful if you ask me. lol

Here is a conversation I had with luicuba1993 on youtube.

luicuba1993
PLZZZZZ tell me how to do daniel madison change if you want i can give you some tricks i got like loops 1,2,3 Ivanish,Stigmata,mindbender andmore reply

Sincerely luis

beanzmagic
Please read this. I wish you luck on your magical journey.

http://www.deceptionsunlimited.com/ethics.html

luicuba1993
plzz comon just tell me how to do the gimmick

beanzmagic
Who said it was gimmicked?

luicuba1993
stop trying to be houdini and share beacuse i can come up whit new ideas and i can share them whit you

beanzmagic
I am not trying to be Houdini; I am trying to respect my art. I am not interested in your "sharing ideas".

luicuba1993
what art?
what ever
listen and listen good i know you didnty make this trick you just saw some1 do it and saw hes tutorial so stop been a noob and share because i have many ideas for this trick.

and if you want buy criss angel masterminds lv1 and you will hear criss say is good to sahere the art because if you share it you raise the bar in magic .

beanzmagic

and if you want buy Rick Maue's "The Book Of HauntedMagick" and read the essay on exposure.

luicuba1993
OMG why r u making write so much this is the deal ill give u about 900 torrents im not kidding all about magic

beanzmagic
OMG you won't give up. I'll give you the greatest secret in magic if you promise to leave me alone!

luicuba1993
k thx can us end me a tutorial plzz

beanzmagic
Here is the greatest secret in magic:

The Rules(Code)

1. Don't EVER tell the secret.

2. Only perform magic in the perfect situations.

3. Leave them wanting more.

4. Learning one trick very well is better than learning 100 tricks partially well.

5. Practice to absolute perfection. Then practice some more.

If YOU live by these magic rules you will understand the greatest secret. Don't expect any more replies from me.

He sent me another message begging and crap but I didn't reply to him and I'm never planing on it.;)

Hehe... :p Nice story, lol, you explained your views (and mine) well with that anecdote,

Cheers!

-Sanj

dontavius+R trades magic as i have concluded
Let's not point fingers at anyone because this isn't what the thread is for. It's to discuss why people are trading magic.

Personally? I don't think it's anything about them not respecting magic, it's about them not knowing any better. They're probably young and simply don't want to pay for something that they think has no value. But as we know many effects have had people's hearts and soul put into it. These "traders" haven't had the guidance that many of us have had and we should share our knowledge with them in a way that is not condescending. Don't look at the people who trade magic as people who don't respect the art simply because they don't know how to respect the art. If we show them how they will surely (hopefully) start treating it as it should be treated.

Just my two cents.

Mitch

Sep 20, 2008
Honestly, ive considered trading, but have never went through with it. And that's only because im lacking Funds to learn material. No, not in a conquest to 'learn all tricks'. Just need new material to learn from. (Tudor's Showoff is laden with ADVANCED material not really helpful when you're a newb.)

That was before though. ive saved money and considered very well on what to buy.

with regards to exposure, i think my point of view have all been mentioned beforehand.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's funny how the first rule of magic is to never reveal the secret, yet there are so many magic books and DVD's... Some people even say that you shouldn't reveal the secret even for money, yet DVD's go for around $20-$50 a pop...

It all is based on your point of veiw. Many people will know an effect and are willing to trade the secret for another effect. Some people seem to like this way of thinking, others do not. It is all opinion.

I, myself can go either way. I think that if the tricks is 100% original and your own, then go ahead and trade it. It is yours to do what you like. However, if the trick was made by someone else then that is totally disrespectful. You are "jacking" the orignal creators money.

Dylan P.

Nov 25, 2007
*flick a nickel in your direction*

thats your two cents and a nickel now, buddy.

e.g. good point, and what is this kindergarden? pointing fingers is not the way to go.

well the title says " People trade magic?"
My answer is yes people do, here is one. I answered the question correctly so please rethink your comment before posting.

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
well i think trading isn't bad , I've trade my tricks with my fellow magician friend, well i know him since we were in high school, so i trust him, but trading with guys that you dont even know about NOT GOOD.

I have received a lot of PM in my youtube account regarding Elevator by Shigeo Futagawa, everybody wants to know the secret, but well i just reply them with the name of the magician who created it nothing more,

Well thats it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results