Performance - Flourishing

For all the flourishers out there: do you perform?

• Yes - I regularly perform paid gigs of flourishing exclusively

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - I perform a flourishing routine periodically (paid or not paid)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Yes - I busk

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No - I do not

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,

I was thinking the other night - a couple of months back I got into something of an argument with a respected member of the cardistry community over what I perceived as a lack of real world application of the skills we spend so much time honing. This particular person carried himself with respect during the process, but unfortunately, many others do not.

In any case, I pretty much wanted to find out, of the flourishers here: do you perform? If so, where? Under what circumstances?

I have many friends here who flourish; most of them are quite good. However, only one actually performs. Granted, this is because most of them are magicians first and flourishers second. So I'm particularly interested if you exclusively flourish.

Please be honest, no-one is ever going to see what you post.

To clarify - If you perform flourishing within the context of your magic - then your answer is NO. I am not interested in people who perform an ACR, then a 2CM, and throw a sybil there for good measure. That's not a flourishing performance, that's a magic performance that includes a flourish. I want people who perform a flourishing set exclusively as entertainment only to vote yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put that i do perform routines on ocassion, but not specifically. what I mean is I ocassionally do stage shows at local places in my town, and i will ocassionally do a flourish and people will be like do that again, so I bust out a quick flourish routine for about 2 mins.

So, it's an impulse thing, but the gigs I am at are actually magic, but I do perform flourishes if asked.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
To clarify - If you perform flourishing within the context of your magic - then your answer is NO. I am not interested in people who perform an ACR, then a 2CM, and throw a sybil there for good measure. That's not a flourishing performance, that's a magic performance that includes a flourish. I want people who perform a flourishing set exclusively as entertainment only to vote yes.

My answer would be a yes. Whiel I do use some false flourish cuts during performances, I sometimes get bored with just performing magic and will do some exclusive cardistry for a bit. I'm working on a cardistry routine where I open a new pack of cards, show it in new deck order, proceed to perform a concession of complicated false cuts, and at the end show it in new deck order. Not down yet, but it's close.

May 9, 2010
I preform flourishes mostly doing street magic but I seldom use them for paid gigs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ladys and Gentlemen! The one! The only! DarkWitness!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results