Performing

Sep 8, 2008
Okay I've resisted asking this for months and looking for answers to save the embarassment of someone who considers themself an experienced magician looking slightly silly (experiened not good, I'm crap, but have been at it a long time).

What I want to do is magic similar to Jason Dean, Back stage with some bands and stuff, I've seen videos and read blogs of magicians who do it, but how?
I emailed a local but band thats about to 'make it' but then they never responded although I grabbed the front man after the gig n showed him some stuff then and he was liek why wasnt I backstage.
Who do I need to get in touch with to get gigs like this?

Also if anyone else has any advice or stories on perofrming in similar places.
Another querie I wondered was how do I get in touch with lke nightclubs/pubs about perofmring on opening nights and what not, every attempt so far has resulted in dead end... Any advice?

I went to a gig once of 'The Beautiful Girls' (kinda like a Jack Johson/Rock Band sort of thing) who are massive in Aus, and performed a bit for them after the show.

If you perform for them, they might ask you to go backstage.

I dont really think you would want to focus on being a 'Back Stage' magician, if you are good enough, they will ask you back.

Jamie D. Grant

theory11 columnist
Oct 12, 2008
Vancouver
www.cardsinabottle.com
Focus on the magic, and meet people. And then keep meeting people. When you're sick of people, meet some more. The art of networking...

+1

Of all the gigs I've done for "famous" people (and don't get too caught up in that, by the way. You're just as important as they are!), the gigs all came through meeting them, or someone who knew them, at some outside event.

jamie d. grant

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results