Phenomenon - First Look/Teaser

Well that preview looked pretty good, I will definetely watch this show, because I want to see some of the finalists, definetely not for angel or geller.

Although the knife in the cup trick? Really for a competion of that caliber, I hope he punctures his hand then takes it out to show his hand is fine, like some sorta twist.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Well that preview looked pretty good, I will definetely watch this show, because I want to see some of the finalists, definetely not for angel or geller.

Although the knife in the cup trick? Really for a competion of that caliber, I hope he punctures his hand then takes it out to show his hand is fine, like some sorta twist.

-RA69

That's what the ad seems to make out. Maybe he should throw in some fake blood? No wait, an explosion!!! Oohh... Hit's the spike, and he dissapears?! Sorry, I'm getting a little carried away now.

Huruey

Sep 1, 2007

-RA69

Ha, man would that be a twist. This show should be entertaining if nothing else. The preview looks pretty awesome, and since it will all be live it will certainly make things more interesting....Guess we won't see Criss perform for that reason :D

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
One of the members from Penguin made it to the top 15. He's a very good magician, but he didn't make it. Rumor has it that Morgan Strebler even auditioned and didn't make it.
It looks interesting, but I'm interested in how they will portray the whole "Mentalism" part of magic, since most of the general public hasn't been introduced to Mentalism, and might think that the performers have actual psychic powers.

Sep 1, 2007
It looks ok. I'm laughing right now because they called chriss angel a master. And after the video, there is a link to another video showing you that chriss uses camera tricks lol. Classic.

Show looks like it could be good though, But I don't think all this popularity is good for an art that relies heavily on secrets.

doesn't stage magic trick the audience the same way that criss angle tricks the audience on TV. the only difference is the way he does it. it is another way to get your magic across as amazing. all magic is an illusion and some uses a gimmick. I just think of criss's show as a gimmick like a card gimmick. in my opinion criss is not an actor he is a genius. i am just mad that i didn't think of it first.

also this show looks cool i can't wait to see how good these mentalists are because i am very interested in mentalism and it is fun to perform.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't know about you, but I'd kill for an appearence by James Randi. It'd be That's Incredible all over again.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results