Photo Shoot

I found a business card were I live, of a profesional photographer, I was talking to her, and I told her what I do,
and she wants me to do a show or an escape for her easter egg hunt she is hosting, in return profesional photo shoot!
I showed her some Chris Brown's photography, and some of Dan and Dave's, she said it was very very creative, and
we could do something like it.
I told her "Not something like a portrait, but relaxed like these photos"
She said we can do this, (Of course I would not copy any scenes from there photos).
So I am so exited.
Any ideas you guys have on scenes?
I know I don't want you to feed me ideas, I was just wondering if you had any ideas floating around in your mind.
What do you all think?
Thank you for taking the time to read this

Sep 1, 2007
I found a business card were I live, of a profesional photographer, I was talking to her, and I told her what I do,
and she wants me to do a show or an escape for her easter egg hunt she is hosting, in return profesional photo shoot!
I showed her some Chris Brown's photography, and some of Dan and Dave's, she said it was very very creative, and
we could do something like it.
I told her "Not something like a portrait, but relaxed like these photos"
She said we can do this, (Of course I would not copy any scenes from there photos).
So I am so exited.
Any ideas you guys have on scenes?
I know I don't want you to feed me ideas, I was just wondering if you had any ideas floating around in your mind.
What do you all think?
Thank you for taking the time to read this

As a photographer myself, look at her portfolio, is the subject the first thing that your eyes go to?
Are the eyes in focus?
Do the backgrounds distract from the subject?
Are there any photos of a girl leaning with her hands on a tree?
Are there any "peek-a-boo!" shots of people coming from behind something?

If she checks out, then let her know what color you're thinking about wearing, and photographers can pick a good background for it, especially if she knows the area.

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
Looking at Chris Brown photography
www.chrisbrownphoto.com/

I noticed many of the subjects were very dark, and some things in the photos were pure white, things like this won't print, and you're going to lose all detail in the prints.

Does she have a website, I'll check it out for you if you would like.

Also where did you see Dan and Dave's photos? or photos of them?

(to Brown's credit, he does awesome landscape work)

~Beans

Sep 1, 2007
Sorry, I meant chris Brown the magician, he is on myspace.
Her website is www.reflectionsbyholly.com Thank you for the advice :D It would be rad if you checked out her site for me, seeing as I am obviously not a photographer. I seen Dan and Dave's Photos on there myspace also.

It looks like you're into the whole black and white style photography, my advice would be to bring a colored shirt, because when you black and white a black or white shirt in photoshop, you usually lose all details in the shirt and it becomes a black blob.

I won't come down on her too hard because weddings aren't the easiest thing to take photos at, but her composition is pretty bad, I would ask her if she had ever heard of the elements of photography. She has some OK ones, but they're all cliche. She doesn't really do "moody" photo, such as playing with light and things like that. She doesn't seem to have an assistant either, which is probably why the lighting is so simple on everyone.

Well hey man if it's free it's free, give it a shot, pick a background you like. Remember to smile with your eyes as well, it will look like you're happy but it won't be cheesy, which she seems to specialize in.

~Beans

Ok, I will ask her about the elements of photography. :D Thanks agian for your help.
She said we will work on difrent things alot.
On a day she is doing nothing else.
I laughed at
Remember to smile with your eyes as well, it will look like you're happy but it won't be cheesy, which she seems to specialize in.
lol.
I think we are going to go some were and do it. Like out side. I dont know details yet.
But thanks agian for your help :D

I see. lol, I was going to ask her, but I wont now.
But the deal is good right?
Free day of photos for a fun gig? Its a double win win situation i think.
But yeah, I will bring different cloths ect.
I was going to bring black cloths, but thanks for telling me about the black and white, on black and white cloths ect. Ok, well, do you have any advice on what I should do as my part? Like, I am taking not really portriats but casual artistic, pictures. like this

l_8ad1330655b3c1aaeaca1986679ee9a7.jpg

l_48a6e4b09d371e00e40645e5bbe085f5.png

l_7ddbd109c78b5656186855b6cbdec064.png

I love those so much, I wouldn't do the same scene, but just pictures like those. you know?

Sep 1, 2007
Those are portraits though, they're called Environmental Portraits.

What makes the second one so powerful is probably the symmetry behind him, and how he fits in the archway with a cross above and symmetrical on both sides of him. The arm reach is a nice touch that leads you to the deck of cards, for more intensity he could have been looking at the camera.

They are very creative, the bottom one being an old-school type of photo that he's duplicated very well.

The first one's angle is just off, you can't tell the card is floating.

My idea looking at these would be to combine the three, him, in a suit, turned sideways with his arm half extended with a cigar or cigarette floating there, as he looks at it or he's glancing at the camera. But that's just me.

If you want to do that bring props and things you can use for different backgrounds, you may want to do color photos so black woudln't be a problem, just make sure you have a red deck that pops against your black shirt or something.

Another idea; instead of that old handkerchief shaped like a corner sticking out of your pocket, do the corner of a card (may require some tearing of the card) or you dressed up fancy with a straight jacket on, or upside-down in handcuffs, in a suit.

man now I wish I could take these photos.

~beans

Sep 1, 2007
WOW AWESOME Ideas Bean! I like the striat jacket Idea!
(I have a strait jacket and I perform that alot)
but its black, so I would do it in color.
Thanks agian!!!
I am writing these down :D

haha, wear dress pants too, and hang from something
That way you can have a birds-eye view but with the photographer standing on the ground.

know what I mean?

~Beans

haha, wear dress pants too, and hang from something
That way you can have a birds-eye view but with the photographer standing on the ground.

know what I mean?

~Beans

No, not really.
Theres not a crane I can rent from.
The photographer should be on the ground right?
And my maybe 30 feet up probably?
If so I boubt I could do that.
I have the proper ankle straps for a suspended strait jacket escape, but thats something I would do in the public, because it would cost money to set up.
hmmm, I guess I am not sure what you mean.

Jun 2, 2008
No, not really.
Theres not a crane I can rent from.
The photographer should be on the ground right?
And my maybe 30 feet up probably?
If so I boubt I could do that.
I have the proper ankle straps for a suspended strait jacket escape, but thats something I would do in the public, because it would cost money to set up.
hmmm, I guess I am not sure what you mean.

hmm you dont have a very good sense of humor do you

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results