Picking cards off the floor

Sep 1, 2007
USA
At school when you're flourishing or doing anything with cards and you drop one or fifteen cards on the floor....

I'm wondering whats the best way to pick them off the floor and clean them off.

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
As they explain in Extreme Beginners (worst dvd) use 1 card instead of picked them up with your hands, just swipe the one card across the floor where the cards have dropped and only that card is dirty, or you can carry like a joker or ad card in your pocked and when it happens just use that.

Hope this helped,
Brian

As they explain in Extreme Beginners (worst dvd) use 1 card instead of picked them up with your hands, just swipe the one card across the floor where the cards have dropped and only that card is dirty, or you can carry like a joker or ad card in your pocked and when it happens just use that.

Hope this helped,
Brian

If it's so bad why do you listen to what they say.

Nov 18, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
Normally, I just pick all the cards up with my hands and give them a "wash" by swiping two cards together- just to get rid of any dirt.

I think ill try the one card thing though =D

Whenever I drop cards I use the one-card method. Basically swiping underneath them and they pile right up. Then I rub both side of the card on my jeans to knock any excess dirt or grime off.

Using your hands I find can be quite annoying, and also bend the cards a fair bit if you keep fumbling with it.

-RA69

dananddave

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
Hollywood
www.dananddave.com
I typically execute some one card production via a top shot or hot shot cut and use that card to swipe the dropped cards up off the floor as quick as possible. I'll then take this packet and use it to go into some flourish so in the end it all seems planned out.

Basically, I think the general goal should be to get them up off the floor asap unless of course you've dropped the card walking across a busy intersection which I've actually done before with a deck of Jerry's. I sadly watched them be blown aware by oncoming traffic.

Cheers,
dan

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
or you could just flourish over your "bench" (i dont know whats it called in english, the spot that you are sitting at while at class)... And then you dont have to worry about droping cards on the floor.

Sep 1, 2007
USA
I typically execute some one card production via a top shot or hot shot cut and use that card to swipe the dropped cards up off the floor as quick as possible. I'll then take this packet and use it to go into some flourish so in the end it all seems planned out.

Basically, I think the general goal should be to get them up off the floor asap unless of course you've dropped the card walking across a busy intersection which I've actually done before with a deck of Jerry's. I sadly watched them be blown aware by oncoming traffic.

Cheers,
dan

thanks all of you guys... but I like this one the best... sorry... I never thought of just using one card :p

Cheers,
dan

That is a sad story...

one-card pick up

At school when you're flourishing or doing anything with cards and you drop one or fifteen cards on the floor....

I'm wondering whats the best way to pick them off the floor and clean them off.

Well like all the other guys have said you can use the 1 card method just swipe the one card under the others and kinda shake the deck or riffle the cards a couple times to brush off any dirt, dust, etc.

Hope this helps!

Sep 22, 2007
haha. funny story. i was sitting in class in the back one day with a deck of cards and i was flourishing and styff and i dropped them and there was a really weird sound that they gave off and everyone looked at the kid with a scattered deck of cards on his lap. i just pick them up and individually pick them up

Oct 21, 2007
you could use the one card method, but if you drop one or a few cards use half of the pack to make a one handed fan and flip the cards to ur hand.... it looks pretty nice

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results