Pickpocket...

I just recently got into pickpocketing. I think the fact that you can take something off of someones body like a watch, wallet, tie, etc... without them even knowing is pretty powerful. I also just got done watching "Mastering The Art of Pickpocketing" DVD by James Coats and Nicholas Byrd and I was very impressed with it (I'm probably going to write up a review sometime tomorrow). Anyway I was just wondering how many people here do pickpocket magic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 3, 2008
I actually haven't, but have always wanted to. I too find it very powerful, I just don't think I would have enough skill to pull it off successfully. Put if you do recommend "Master the Art of Pickpocketing," then I'd like to look into it if it's not too hard. :)

-killer : kam

Oct 13, 2007
Pickpockets

I want to get into pickpocketing as well (really admire Apollo there are some great videos of him pickpocketing). I'm just waiting for my b-day so i can get the 4 volume Encyclopedia of Pickpocketing (Gap123 if ur reading this u can get me one volume for my b-day if u want :))

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I use PP is when someone says, "hey do a trick".. I'll pull out a deck of cards and tell them to shuffle the deck and by the time they give it back, I'm wearing their watch hahaha.. the cards were a distraction.

I've been doing PP for about 5 years now.. I love it.. just remember, "When you burn, you must return!"

Feb 23, 2008
Houston
www.myspace.com
iv always wanted to get into pickpocketing , how do you go about practicing somting like that?

You can use maniquins but since most people can't afford them, you can make a ghetto version by putting a coat or something over a pillow or chair. Put an object you want to take in the pokcet and practice taking it out, a more advanced way is to put small bells on the pocket and practice taking the object out without them jingiling. Also try to practice on willing friends and family members.

Oct 8, 2007
I have done some pickpocketing, although they weren't related to magic. ;)
I returned what I "stole", it was just us friends anyway and we joke around like that sometimes.

I've been interested in PP but haven't started formally learning it. Sometimes i just doubt if I have the guts to pull those off in front of the spectators, though there are times that I do. ;)

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Kevin Kings "watch bandit" has a nice routine for stealing a watch.
Teaching wise, it's not that great, i seriously think that it spends about 45 seconds on the art of stealing a watch....

Nov 26, 2007
Derren brown dose some pickpocketing in one of his tv shows it was awesome, he robed these people blind, he took every thing from wallest to ties,

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results