Pitching Svengalis

Nov 29, 2008
Yea I used to work at a magic shop where that was one of the main products we pitched. I know you think that there is a lot of money to be made there, and it does make a decent amount. But not as much as you would think. A lot of ppl come into the shop just to see magic and not buy anything. WHen people see a Svengali trick they think, "Thats cool. I want to see some other magic." Not "Thats cool, I want to be able to do that."

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
at marketplaces where there the mindset of customers is "I'm not looking to buy anything in particular, but if it's cool, I'll buy it", you make a freakin' killing.

Svengalis and Magic Colouring in Books sell so amazingly well in marketplaces.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Try to find fotage of Andy Nyman doing it, his method is considered one of the best. You can find it on Get Nyman aswell, where he goes into the psychology of the effect. The DVD is great but that is just a little nice bonus.

Sep 6, 2009
Cincinnati
Yeah I'm talking about pitching at flea markets and such, not magic shops. Don Driver is probably the best! D ICE R, I didn't know Andy Nyman pitched! I'm a big fan of his mentalism.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
On disk three of get nyman there is his whole pitch performed and although it does not go through the mechanics he does talk about the psychology of how to make it work. And just buy watching it you see the real power of suggestion as he cements the idea in the spectators head that he really should buy one.

Dynamic Coins and D'lites also sell very well. I worked in the Marvins Magic section of Hamleys in London for a very short while. Mostly doing D'Lite demos. Me and this other guy managed to sell about 80 pairs at £15 each in an hour on a good day!

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results