PK Sounds by Alex Vante

Apr 27, 2008
PK Sounds by Alex Vante

located at penguinmagic.com

Effect 9/10

One spectator is asked to remember any sensations they have and keep it to themselves and another spectator is asked to think of a song and project it. When the first spectator is asked to say what they felt or heard they will say the same song as the second spectator. Very cool and very simple.

Method 8.5/10

The method is simple and clever and I had an idea of how it was done. I will most likely improve on this method a little by changing the gimmick but I'll get to that later on. This is an old method but used with new technology and a semi new technique. It is a dual reality principle in a sense to some people but others it is true magic (you'll know what I mean)

Gimmick 8/10

The gimmick is very simple and one of those that can be passed off as something else if you have some misdirection. The price of the effect had me going the gimmick was close to state of the art but it's definitely not. The actual gimmick that achieves the effect is located in alot of stores and could be used for this effect, I am somewhat dissapointed by the price of this effect since nothing is crazy technical about this, but oh well.

Teaching 9/10

The teaching itself is just fine and you can really tell how young Alex is but then again I'm 17 so it's a w/e moment. He really goes over everything you will have a problem with, there was a slight problem with explaining the stage performance since he lost a certain something but doesn't take away anything significant. Very solid and overall very well done Alex.

Overall 8.5-9/10

I can't ever give a definitive overall score but that's alright because many people have their opinions. This would have easily gotten a 10/10 if it was about 30-35 bucks, but this should not take away from anybody purchasing the effect and having a miracle with them. Sometimes you don't always have two spectators but when you do this is definitely one of those effects you should perform.

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Ok...

So if it can be ANY SONG, what song am I thinking of RIGHT NOW!!! :p

Ok, seriously, can I ask if the gimmick is "electronic (requires batteries..etc.)?" If it is exposing the effect please do not answer.

Other than that, thank you for a great review.

Cheers,

-Sanj

Apr 27, 2008
Ok, seriously, can I ask if the gimmick is "electronic (requires batteries..etc.)?" If it is exposing the effect please do not answer.

Not necessarily, with some creativity and experimentation then you can other songs but for the time being it is a force. The gimmick does require batteries but other than that it is straightforward. I don't want to give much away but before you have any ideas of what it is you really should buy this since the actual way the gimmick is constructed is really good and I have performed a few times and once they thought they had it figured out but I easily hid what it really was.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results