Plastic Playing Cards

Jun 27, 2013
Hello guys! I've watched many reviews of plastic playing cards. They don't fan and spread well, but there are bicycle prestige playing cards! They are plastic and feel like regular paper cards. Are they good? Should i take one deck? Are the plastic playing cards good for flourishes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 10, 2009
University Park PA
They don't actually feel like paper cards, if you've handled paper cards you can almost immediately feel the difference. That said, I keep them in my pool bag, so that I can do magic and flourish at the pool without the fear of ruining my cards. I am not a huge flourisher, but you can flourish with them, it just takes a slightly different touch than with paper cards. (The main thing they have going for them is they're waterproof)

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
I personally don't like the plastics so much, because they just don't feel
as good as normal papers.

But the only way, you can find out what's good for you, is testing it yourself...

- Konrad

Jun 27, 2013
Thank you for the reply! That was the reply I needed. I will buy the cards because I need long-life cards. I am not huge flourisher too but maybe someday :p

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Prestige are decent cards. They have a certain ... bendy-ness that takes some getting used to. Extremely springy. The newest Prestige do spread a bit better than the olders ones I've had. They are pretty slippy, too. I'm not sure what kind of finish they use but it did take me some time to get used to how they handle.

I did find that certain moves worked far easier with them, though. The way I do doubles and seconds, for instance, seemed way easier with Prestige cards.

PS - Also, if you use a dry-erase marker, you can have cards signed and wipe it off later.

D@n

Oct 11, 2011
If you do end up picking Prestiges I would avoid throwing them. I picked up a deck to work on my card throwing because I thought they would be more durable, but they'll shatter if they hit a hard surface a few times. They hold up pretty well otherwise, though.

Jun 27, 2013
If you do end up picking Prestiges I would avoid throwing them. I picked up a deck to work on my card throwing because I thought they would be more durable, but they'll shatter if they hit a hard surface a few times. They hold up pretty well otherwise, though.
I already have cards for throwing. The best cards for throwing are Modiano 100%, but they are pretty bad for tricks, flourishes or spreading.

Jun 27, 2013
Prestige are decent cards. They have a certain ... bendy-ness that takes some getting used to. Extremely springy. The newest Prestige do spread a bit better than the olders ones I've had. They are pretty slippy, too. I'm not sure what kind of finish they use but it did take me some time to get used to how they handle.

I did find that certain moves worked far easier with them, though. The way I do doubles and seconds, for instance, seemed way easier with Prestige cards.

PS - Also, if you use a dry-erase marker, you can have cards signed and wipe it off later.

Sounds great! I will take one deck for sure. Thank you for the answers guys you are great!

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
No one has pointed it out that I see, but check out wonderwizards.com and check the PDF downloads list, I don't recall the exact title but it's either the Power of Q or Power of X one of those if not both, use the Plastic Cards and you'd be wise to consider the method, it can blow the mind of some of the most learned card guys.

EMail Kenton and tell him I sent you, if you have problems finding it. Just tell him that you're using a plastic deck.

Jun 27, 2013
No one has pointed it out that I see, but check out wonderwizards.com and check the PDF downloads list, I don't recall the exact title but it's either the Power of Q or Power of X one of those if not both, use the Plastic Cards and you'd be wise to consider the method, it can blow the mind of some of the most learned card guys.

EMail Kenton and tell him I sent you, if you have problems finding it. Just tell him that you're using a plastic deck.

Thank you sir! I am in this site!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results