Player's By Daniel Madison

Oct 5, 2012
Don't know if this is hidden out there somewhere, but these definitely deserve a review.

First, a few key features that I find extremely important in any deck of cards.

1.) Matching jokers: While the design is somewhere between a mullet outline and a vulture, matching jokers are important as many tricks require them to be identical. These are, and that is a plus.

2.) Backs: A major positive of these back designs is that they are somewhere in between an all-over back (like Bee's) and a back with the white border (most decks). The hybrid is very effective, as some slights (false deals, top change) really benefit from the all-over back, while others (Double Lifts, Elmsley counts, etc) are much more difficult with an all-over back and benefit from the border. These land nicely in the middle ground and are effective for both.

Some other positives...

3.) Box: The box is gorgeous. Luxurious, clean, and beautiful. Probably the best part.

4.) Secret: The hidden benefit of these cards is unbelievably useful and easy to incorporate. They give you an added edge in everything you might want to do.

5.) Spring/Balance/Durability: These are smooth, well-constructed cards that are excellent to handle.

So those are all major positives. These are definitely worth getting a hold of, and I am really glad that I ordered a bunch when they were first released.

My one major complaint with these cards are the fronts. The ace of spades is awesome, but the other faces are really bland and take away from the overall impact. They are different from standard, but not in a way that is interesting or an improvement. If there is one thing to change about these cards (if there is a new edition, for example), giving the fronts a revision would be my biggest suggestion.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results