Please Be Respectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2007
Hey guys, I'm no mod, but I think I can speak for a few people who have been seeing some rude posting as of late. Please, please make this a respectful and welcoming place for all members. If they're new, guide them!

Just some thoughts.

Mitch

Why is everyone looking at me? Oh wait, no one wants to.

And yeah, as much as I agree, I have to disagree.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I said this in another thread less than an hour ago, and I'll say it again. It's an online magic forum... if someone's "mean" to them, I'm sure it won't hurt them. And if it does, they need help this forum can't give them.

I said this in another thread less than an hour ago, and I'll say it again. It's an online magic forum... if someone's "mean" to them, I'm sure it won't hurt them. And if it does, they need help this forum can't give them.
Internet bullying/harassing is actually a large problem, especially with younger people. Also, we want this forum to grow and have a good reputation for making people feel welcome.

Mitch

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I have to agree.
Havent exactly seen welcoming posts/topics/replys and so on.

Just keep te respect.

Or else wayne houchin will go chuck norris on Y'all.
Which is like a quintuple whammy.

Cuz you got the Chuck, And ya got the wayne.. So we're pretty screwed there.

Oct 10, 2007

Yes, it's just a forum. And it is quite common to see rude postings in forums. But we need to understand that sometimes the rude postings do hurt some people.

Some people made offensive and disrespectful comments because they have a hidden agenda. They want to try and make a particular magician look bad in order to achieve their own goals. These goals sometimes mean monetary gains. Hence they would try their very best to insult and defame their target.
These people often used multiple usernames so that they can make their arguments convincing

I think the mods in T11 are already trying their best to stop people from giving rude postings. The same cannot be said about some other forums. Some other forums would allow their members to make offensive comments, as long as the members support a certain website or product. Those places are a breeding ground for young arrogant magicians.

Aug 31, 2007
Yes, it's just a forum. And it is quite common to see rude postings in forums. But we need to understand that sometimes the rude postings do hurt some people.

Some people made offensive and disrespectful comments because they have a hidden agenda. They want to try and make a particular magician look bad in order to achieve their own goals. These goals sometimes mean monetary gains. Hence they would try their very best to insult and defame their target.
These people often used multiple usernames so that they can make their arguments convincing

I think the mods in T11 are already trying their best to stop people from giving rude postings. The same cannot be said about some other forums. Some other forums would allow their members to make offensive comments, as long as the members support a certain website or product. Those places are a breeding ground for young arrogant magicians.

I know, like if someone who was new to this forum, and tried to sell a trick (lets say, a CIB, specially right after the release of Bullet and FS), and got flamed from it, that man would be one sad panda bear that Christmas.

Oct 10, 2007
I know, like if someone who was new to this forum, and tried to sell a trick (lets say, a CIB, specially right after the release of Bullet and FS), and got flamed from it, that man would be one sad panda bear that Christmas.

Actually, ALL CTBS got flamed BEFORE Bullet and FS were even released. And those who flamed them are the same few people. Those people make a consistent effort to make sure that all other CTBs look bad even BEFORE FS and Bullet were released. Sure enough, a few guys were caught using multiple usernames to defame other CTB creators and to provide false misleading information about FS and Bullet. Who will go through all the trouble to set up multiple accounts and flame other CTBs? Someone that will gain directly or indirectly from it will do that.

The point is, don't let this kind of things happen again. It is actually very easy to spot those guys.

Aug 31, 2007
Actually, ALL CTBS got flamed BEFORE Bullet and FS were even released. And those who flamed them are the same few people. Those people make a consistent effort to make sure that all other CTBs look bad even BEFORE FS and Bullet were released. Sure enough, a few guys were caught using multiple usernames to defame other CTB creators and to provide false misleading information about FS and Bullet. Who will go through all the trouble to set up multiple accounts and flame other CTBs? Someone that will gain directly or indirectly from it will do that.

The point is, don't let this kind of things happen again. It is actually very easy to spot those guys.

Actually, the whole point of the post, was to refer directly to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results