Please help:What tricks to do in party situations

Nearology

Elite Member
Jan 30, 2011
Hi there guys:) well I have a important performance coming up soon and it's a party like situation. Where table is limited. So I was wondering on what tricks you can perform.I mean I do have tricks but I just wanted to hear out some tricks you guys have, so that I can enhance the performance effect thanks and please comment

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hi there guys:) well I have a important performance coming up soon and it's a party like situation. Where table is limited. So I was wondering on what tricks you can perform.I mean I do have tricks but I just wanted to hear out some tricks you guys have, so that I can enhance the performance effect thanks and please comment

Hey Nearology,

Some tricks I do in party situations are quick and easy effects, such as the Card Change in the Hands, Two Card Monte, a quick 3 phase ACR, and maybe a multiple selection routine with flashy reveals (Thumb Propulsion, Bullet Shot, both on Genesis v1 by Andrei Jikh). Make sure you perform your first effect by reaching out to the person all the way across the room. If you get their attention, every body else will be interested in your effect. I learned this great tip from Irving Quant and Juan Tamariz. Make eye contact in the back of the room, instead on focusing on just the people in the front. You will lose people in the back is you don't establish a good connection off the bat.

If you have One Degree by John Guastaferro, definitely perform Mr. E Takes a Stroll. This is one of my favorite go to effects, and it happens in the spectator's hands. None of the effects I listed uses a table. All of it can be performed standing up. However, if you want a table effect, you can always perform a triumph utilizing a tabled shuffle.

Hopefully I've provided enough information for you. If you have any questions please ask them and I will respond as soon as I can. I'm in my Media Technology class right now bored out of my mind haha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results