Please Help!!

Jun 21, 2016
Hi guys! I'm working on an original effect and I need some help. I need a way to be able to hand out a flap card before it's flapped without having to worry that it'll change. The crease down the middle doesn't matter for this effect. If you have any solution, please let me know! Thanks for any response :)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Oof. That's going to be tricky. Index cards are not very sturdy and they're not generally made of layers. Most methods for creating a flap card rely on being able to split the card.

I think you could apply the technique in Flap and then use some creativity to make what you're after.

I have to wonder if this is the best approach, though. Why are you handing out the card to be examined and why does it have to be a flap card? If it's being examined then a switch is easier and less likely to be discovered.

May 11, 2015
Northen Ireland
What I would do is have an ungimmicked dublicate card. Hand out the duplicate to be examined and then, with the aid of some misdirection, switch it for the gimicked card using a top change.

Jun 21, 2016
Oof. That's going to be tricky. Index cards are not very sturdy and they're not generally made of layers. Most methods for creating a flap card rely on being able to split the card.

I think you could apply the technique in Flap and then use some creativity to make what you're after.

I have to wonder if this is the best approach, though. Why are you handing out the card to be examined and why does it have to be a flap card? If it's being examined then a switch is easier and less likely to be discovered.
This is true... but also one of the main parts of the effect is that the card never leave the spectators sight. If we can privately message that'd be cool because I do plan on releasing this effect. Also if you didn't see my post, my first effect is on Lybrary.com! It's only $4 and there's a money back guarantee if you don't like it! I trust you guys and hope you'll find something you like... check it out if you have the chance. It's called Thoughtless ACAAN. But yeah anyway, privately message me about this one.

Jun 21, 2016
What I would do is have an ungimmicked dublicate card. Hand out the duplicate to be examined and then, with the aid of some misdirection, switch it for the gimicked card using a top change.
Hi! This is a great idea for a card trick but this is going to be using just a single index card. If you want to talk more, feel free to privately talk to me because I do plan on releasing this effect. Thanks!

Dec 5, 2015
Hi guys! I'm working on an original effect and I need some help. I need a way to be able to hand out a flap card before it's flapped without having to worry that it'll change. The crease down the middle doesn't matter for this effect. If you have any solution, please let me know! Thanks for any response :)
Use the Shin Magnets from Shin Lim to lock the flap in Place.

http://www.shinlimmagic.com/shop/shim-magnets

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results