Please respond - Why do you love magic?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
i like secrets

but seriously, i love the way people respond. i love connecting with complete strangers, or close friends on a level that no other proffession or hobby can give you. you get to see their whole mind exposed, a whole range of emotion and i love being able to provide a sense of amazement and give them that moment of childhood bliss even if it is just for a short time

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
i like secrets

but seriously, i love the way people respond. i love connecting with complete strangers, or close friends on a level that no other proffession or hobby can give you. you get to see their whole mind exposed, a whole range of emotion and i love being able to provide a sense of amazement and give them that moment of childhood bliss even if it is just for a short time

Besides the amazement and possibly bliss part- you could pursue being a shrink. :D

Jul 14, 2008
It brings out wonder and smile off of the people which I do magic to people rather than gaining popularity. Reason is, you are abusing magic just to gain popularity.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
I love magic, not because i make it, but the extent for what it brings, as Joel said on Believe. If they are willing, the feel of magic, the emotion they get goes very far. I wish i had recorded last sunday's performance video of me and a friend, one of the spectators went through 5 effects, and all effects ended well with powerful out bursted reactions comming soley from the heart, something which is hidden and which can not be brought out by your average worldly matters.

Im serious, she jumped back steps, she was the most amzing-est spectator i've ever seen. Magic can do this, and i like reminding people who they are. Bringing smiles and randoms, thats one of the things magic has taught me to do. In the end, she took my friend's number, turned out she works for a company, who does stuff like charity events, and parties. And guess who? We potentially have the chance to further our skill. She told us she'll definately call us.

I love Samurais, and i feel that doing street magic for random people, fits that concept, like you have people to save; Magic can bring happiness, something so simple but deep, goes a long way. In actual, you could ask yourself the same question and think about it, there are so many things to say.

Magic is loveable due to the ability to stretch the imagination of both you and the people you are sharing it with. You bring something more to this world of materialism.

Jul 18, 2008
Well...thanks for the responses!

I'll post my essay when I'm done, but generally I like magic because:

(To put it in broad and ambiguous terms)

It opens the door for social understanding, it allows the spectator to find something out about themselves, as well as live a happier moment. It has the potential to bring joy, sadness, and revelation.

And it gives me something to do!

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I love magic because it makes me an individual and lets me stand out from the crowd. I love freaking people out and letting them into a new world. . . . . A world of deception. A world that has no reality, just trickery. My world.

Getting people to forget about their bad times and letting something impossible become true. If I could do something impossible, then you can figure out a method for your problems.

Getting a reaction from people is the best reward given to you as a magician. When people go crazy, I feel like I just opened a new realm for people to visit and question "what if". It brings my heart joy to see a person smile so big and knowing that it was me who caused that reaction, makes me proud to be a magician, and a dam good one at that.

That's why I love magic.

~~Danny T~~

1- Its fun.
2- Astonishment and all that.
3- Emotional stimulation kinda thing
4- Nice art to do .
5- Love to misdirect.

Yeah, its a nice hobby, and thats what it is for me. People need to sort their prioraties, life is more than a deck of cards ( though the Queen of Hearts is the sexiest babe in the planet, and everyone knows it )

I'm off to play C&C Red Alert 3, cheers! :p

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
it's like writing a story/fiction n perform it in real time to have people believe that it's reality.
Kinda like "hey, look, an alien pops outa my bottom" *pops!* n people *gasps!*
If u know what i mean.

It's like making a fiction film with your own words and actions.
You learned methods, you perform it (hoping the person you performing to isn't one of the customers from where u bought the effect from) with your own fictional presentation, and the end result, to them - reality.
That's why i love magic.
You know it's a illusion, but they... they think you're God.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results