Pocket management

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
This has, undoubtedly, been discussed before on this forum but, what kind of things do you always carry with you for magic and how do you carry them? I’ve had magnetic coins and a couple other gaffs stuck to my keychain, a ring and string tied around their case and a certain key gimmick on my keychain for quite awhile now to try to maximize the amount magic I have while limiting the pocket space. So essentially most of my every day carry is limited to my keychain and a deck of cards, unless I have a backpack. My question for you, in essence, is what do you always have on you and how do you transport it.

JoshL8

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2017
WA state USA
Lately? Just nest of wallets and a coin purse (usually a csb set or 4 half dollars). Its common for me to carry a pen or sharpie for general purposes and not just magic. Sometimes I will carry a deck of cards, but that’s more for me than other people. I’m a hobbyist so if I know I’m going to perform it’s usually for people I know, especially during these times.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm the type of person that can't stand having stuffed pockets, so when I used to carry things with the intention of using them to perform, it would have been a deck of cards in the front left pants pocket, and maybe a large coin in the small pocket of my jeans.

These days I pretty much never perform casually, and if I decide to do something at random it would be mentally based and completely impromptu/prop-free.

Antonio Diavolo

Elite Member
Jan 2, 2016
California
I don't go out much lately but usually I carry my phone, wallet, a deck of cards, and a ring. Occasionally I'll bring some coins or rubber bands but that's usually if I know I'm going somewhere where I might be asked to show something. I try to keep the "extra" stuff I carry with me to just a deck of cards as rubber bands can sit on my wrist and I can keep coins in the small pocket on my jeans or in my wallet.

The reason I include my phone and wallet among my magic EDC is because I own a bunch of Marc Kerstein's apps which let me do some pretty great tricks. Just to shill for Marc for a second but what I really like about his apps as opposed to other magic apps is that the fact that you're using your phone seems like it's just out of convenience rather than it being part of the method. For things like WikiTest, Xeno, and Earworm, your own phone is either barely in play or can be out of play entirely. The rest happens on their own phone.

In my wallet, I keep a mismade bill, magician's insurance, and loops.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results