Podcast Idea

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
I had an idea recently, while I was perusing Aaron Fisher's seminal card book. Magic needs to be discussed to be pushed forward. The Cerca Trova talks here on Theory11 have been stopped, but they were an integral part to appreciating magic.

I've started a podcast with my thoughts at http://ianchandler.podbean.com/. I'd like more people to contribute, but first I want to hear your thoughts. Basically, a panel of judges - myself and a couple other volunteers - would listen to different people's thoughts on magic and decide which to post on the podcast site. The discussions could continue as such, and perhaps there could be more discussion within an official thread.

I really want to do this, as I feel it could make us more true to our art. What do you think?

Ian

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I had an idea recently, while I was perusing Aaron Fisher's seminal card book. Magic needs to be discussed to be pushed forward. The Cerca Trova talks here on Theory11 have been stopped, but they were an integral part to appreciating magic.

I've started a podcast with my thoughts at http://ianchandler.podbean.com/. I'd like more people to contribute, but first I want to hear your thoughts. Basically, a panel of judges - myself and a couple other volunteers - would listen to different people's thoughts on magic and decide which to post on the podcast site. The discussions could continue as such, and perhaps there could be more discussion within an official thread.

I really want to do this, as I feel it could make us more true to our art. What do you think?

Ian

should you desire I volunteer myself to be a judge...

Jun 10, 2010
I'm not sure how good of a judge I'd be, but if you ever need any, I can probably help out.

Also, why did the "Cerca Trova" posts end?

Jul 8, 2008
I kind of skimmed through here, but I've never seen a podcast devoted to embracing the OLD sleights of magic. There are some things I've seen people do 50 years ago and not once have I seen somebody today do that. It would be cool to have a podcast about that sort of thing and label the pros and cons and why you think nobody does that sleight anymore then maybe some out of the box applications to it. Not to mention the history behind it as well ;)

Jul 13, 2009
So basically it is a podcast where you take someone's opinion on magic, filter it and decide whether or not it gets aired? Sounds like how a certain televised talent show works.

How about free reign of opinions and then you discuss why you think it is wrong, right, or why you agree with it, etc. Also I second you get Mr. Vega on if this happens.

Jul 13, 2009
Keo, I agree with this, however, there will be certain limitations, i.e., bashing, unnecessary topics. Luis is now on with the project as a judge, as I said. ;)

Ian

Dang it see what happens when you skim, and thanks for the clarification.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results