Poll: Quality Forum Response

Quality response

• Total voters
Sep 3, 2007
Perhaps one of the few polls I have posted. It is about what you think about the quality of responses on... Not only this forum, but all of the magic forums you visit. But we cannot be biased. It is about, count the times that you have received good response, great respnse... crap rspnse. The vote is up. I hope you will be honest.

Sep 3, 2007
Remember guys, this is not about YOU. Here we go with Jerky kids pushing buttons just to make a statement. Afraid to put it out there how they really feel. Welcome to 2009 Folks... "I have to say what will get me some better status, so I will put this..." Welcome to 1940's bros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
You guys are hurting me with "real performers who know their stuff." Is that the normal thing when you post you are only looking for someone to tell you what to do? "I know my stuff." Do you believe me?

Sep 3, 2007
Why not someone post in this thread? It will help with the poll. It will give an idea of the original premise which is.... Do you think forum responses are quality?

Thanks.

Not do YOU quality post... Others. Thanks. (And team awesome no need to vote. Because of course you will all vote for the awesomest choice).

I am from Team Awesome, and I of course voted for the most awesome choice. (The bottom one) :)
The people here giving help are the ones who know their stuff, the real performers. How do I know? I know many of them personally.
Look around, how many people are actually helping with their posts? Not many, but the ones who do are the real performers.

Sep 3, 2007
I am from Team Awesome, and I of course voted for the most awesome choice. (The bottom one) :)
The people here giving help are the ones who know their stuff, the real performers. How do I know? I know many of them personally.
Look around, how many people are actually helping with their posts? Not many, but the ones who do are the real performers.

I will say one more time and probably more in the future "This is not about YOU."

It is about how you see Most posts on Most forums. You vote that they are mostly real performers that know their stuff. How about people that are just visiting? How about people that are not "awesome?" Do they think that most posts come from real performers that know their stuff? Or do they have a mind of their own and consider that maybe everyone does not know exactly what they are talking about.

Crap, If it was up to "team awesome" the last choice would be the only selection. However, I asked that you guys let others vote on their own. So your vote doesn't count... Blaaa. Just kidding.

Unless of course you would like to take it back. And you should.

I will say one more time and probably more in the future "This is not about YOU."

It is about how you see Most posts on Most forums. You vote that they are mostly real performers that know their stuff. How about people that are just visiting? How about people that are not "awesome?" Do they think that most posts come from real performers that know their stuff? Or do they have a mind of their own and consider that maybe everyone does not know exactly what they are talking about.

Crap, If it was up to "team awesome" the last choice would be the only selection. However, I asked that you guys let others vote on their own. So your vote doesn't count... Blaaa. Just kidding.

Unless of course you would like to take it back. And you should.

Sorry, it appears I've gotten the idea of the poll wrong. I thought you meant people who were trying to help, not just everyone in particular. That makes it completely different then :)

Sep 3, 2007
Sorry, it appears I've gotten the idea of the poll wrong. I thought you meant people who were trying to help, not just everyone in particular. That makes it completely different then :)

Yeah, you must have missed the part earlier: (And team awesome no need to vote. Because of course you will all vote for the awesomest choice).

The poll is more about what people think when they visit (not just here, every magic site). Not what people that visit regularly think. (And I doubt it will do any good but it is worth a try).

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Fans, the problem is I think there's a mix of both extremes, so I wouldn't know what to vote for. Sometimes I see a thread asking for suggestions, read the the responses, and spit out my tea over how shocking some of the suggestions are. Other times, I read a topic and you can tell it comes from the OP's personal experience. It's hard to quantify into just one. If I had free reign I'd tick both extremes.

Sep 3, 2007
Fans, the problem is I think there's a mix of both extremes, so I wouldn't know what to vote for. Sometimes I see a thread asking for suggestions, read the the responses, and spit out my tea over how shocking some of the suggestions are. Other times, I read a topic and you can tell it comes from the OP's personal experience. It's hard to quantify into just one. If I had free reign I'd tick both extremes.

I made the poll something you might have to think about before answering. At least it's better than "Do you like cards". Yes or No.

It is something you have to think about! Choose wisely.

And by the time it got here most people that weren't truly interested in magic decided to drop out. Thanks to myself as well as most of you attempting to make a point. How hard is it to answer truthfully? Impossible? Okay. I hope I don't meet you in the future.... You should hope you don't meet me as well. Because I will give you a Poll and ask you to answer. And if you do not I will think you are moronic. It is not that hard as long as you can be honest. What is with everyone making this a hard question?

Sep 3, 2007
Why did you reply to your post like 3 times? Is that not bumping?

I dont really ask much questions here, but some reponses are a bit under par. ;)

JDEN

Did you vote? Did you vote for "every piece of advice I get must be golden?" Or you just drop in to complain about my poll.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm not afraid to say it. Most people online don't know what they're talking about. Some boards have a higher concentration of working pros. But a lot of places I look are mostly a bunch of armchair magicians and wannabes. Look at the damn Magic Cafe! Sure there are working pros there. But they're a single pod of majestic whales in a polluted, muddy ocean of mediocrity.

Sep 3, 2007
I'm not afraid to say it. Most people online don't know what they're talking about. Some boards have a higher concentration of working pros. But a lot of places I look are mostly a bunch of armchair magicians and wannabes. Look at the damn Magic Cafe! Sure there are working pros there. But they're a single pod of majestic whales in a polluted, muddy ocean of mediocrity.

Heck, I could even place myself in that category. So you voted for, "People don't know what they're talking about." In so many words, of course. That is exactly the point of this poll (honesty). Thanks bro.

Sep 1, 2007
Drew, the big difference between you and many others is that you at least understand the learning process. And you don't pretend to be anything you aren't. You honesty sometimes comes across as blunt or crass, but at least people talking to you know where they stand. The internet has given rise to anonymity, which fosters lies, which foster arrogance when people begin to believe their own con.

I know a couple people who say discussing an issue with you can be like pulling teeth, but it says something that I find it a welcome switch to talk with someone who isn't another generic Card Tricks Barbie.

Sep 3, 2007
I'm surprised that no people have selected (These people kind of know but seem a little weird.) Kind of leads me to the conclusion that there are not a whole lot of beginners. And rightly so, with the warm welcome as it is.

Sep 3, 2007
Drew, the big difference between you and many others is that you at least understand the learning process.

If that were the only thing I would still hold it in high regards. I take that as a compliment. Take care. By the way, What did you vote for?

This isn't about me at all it is simply a poll. But now that you bring it up, Yes I value honesty and ethics and anything in between.

(It makes it easier to sit someone down when they thought they should stand).

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
And if you do not I will think you are moronic. It is not that hard as long as you can be honest. What is with everyone making this a hard question?

Don't care what you think really, I pretty much just told you my opinion - that it is misleading for me to tick one box because of aforementioned reason. You want the truth? There it is. It's not a hard truth, either.

Incidentally, I think by 'everyone' you meant all of two people, both of whom you acted 'blunt' to, as Steerpike put it. So, very well, I ticked a box. Happy?

Sep 3, 2007
Don't care what you think really, I pretty much just told you my opinion - that it is misleading for me to tick one box because of aforementioned reason. You want the truth? There it is. It's not a hard truth, either.

Incidentally, I think by 'everyone' you meant all of two people, both of whom you acted 'blunt' to, as Steerpike put it. So, very well, I ticked a box. Happy?

Chill out on the psychological stuff. But Yeah happy you made a decision. That is the point of the thread anyhow. Isn't it? Without so much BS in the mix. Or am I wrong? Or am I right? Right? Wrong? ,wrong, right, right wrong. It was that hard to make a decision on which box to put an X in? And I thought I was bad. Crap, it's not too hard I laid it out for you. There isn't a guess.

Sep 3, 2007

You know what? Frankly I am insulted by your response. You told me your opinion? What should I do with that besides take it into consideration? But you misled me because you might not have....... Dude. Stop watching the House Wives of OC. It will make you think things like that!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results