Pop-Card

WDF

Oct 12, 2007
Nashville NC
Peter Loughran Presents:Steven & Michael Pignataro's POP-CARD Review

The Effect:

An audience member is asked to select ANY card and sign their name on the front of the card. The card is then lost into the deck. The card magically vanishes from the deck. After various comical attempts to find the audience members signed card in the deck the magician finally gives up. The magicians hands a Pop-Tart® to the audience member as a sign of good tokent for helping out. As the magician bites into his Pop-Tart®, a surprised look comes over his face like he just bit into a rock. He pulls the Pop-Tart® away from his mouth to reveal a card inside the fruit filling in the middle of the Pop-Tart® (yes, it is ACTUALLY INSIDE of the Pop-Tart®).

The beauty of POP-CARD is in its simplicity, as very ittle preparation and skill is needed to perfect this amazing effect. POP-CARD is one of the most unique "card to impossible location" effects on the market. In this DVD you will see POP-CARD performed in a restaurant and then you will learn how this amazing visual effect works.

POP-CARD is perfect for stage magicians, street magicians, restaurant workers and strolling magicians. The instructional DVD supplies everything you need to know to get started to perform POP-CARD.

Pop-Tarts® not included. Pop-Tarts® is a registered trademark of Kellogg’s Company.

My Thoughts on the effect:

DO NOT buy this product and let me explain why. I received this DVD in the mail happy and with instilled doubt in everyone that it could be done, well guess what it really truly cant.

The DVD cover looks brilliant so excellent Indesign was put behind the DVD cover.

The effect sounded to good to be true and truthfully I believe it is. The DVD is taught by some kid that has to be still in high school. He is my estimate around 17-19. There is no script or even any rehearsal of what could be a script. There is alot of explaining that was left just unexplained.

The set-up takes literally about 30 seconds once you are ready to preform POP-CARD. Yet, get ready to go the store and pick up a couple things. Also you can not use ANY pop-tart and the pop-tart can NOT be examined, before or after the effect.

Also be prepared to go through so money because you are going to need tons of it to just practice the effect. The effect may work for the guy that created it but I don't see it working for anyone else. The sleight of hand is very common in the magic world and very easy.

Also throw away your rider back poker cards because for this effect YOU MUST USE bridge sized cards. I haven't looked because I have had no need to go to Walmart. I had on pack of bridge sized card and tried the effect and let me tell you I am very disappointed for this effect for my first purchase from this company.

Now, the good thing about this effect is the card is really there signed card IN THE POP-TART.

The sleight of hand like I mentioned is very minimal but in performance you will reach into a brown bag and pull out the pop-tart be prepared to spend some good time trying to get the pop-tart out if you know what I mean. All the dirty work is done inside the bag, looks really unnatural and you will raise suspicion.

There is however an alternate handling that isn't just worth the DVD. You pull the card out of the pop-tart and wipe it off in a napkin then hand it to them. They NEVER see for more than a split-second what card is pulled out a pop-tart, and takes away from it really even being in there because they never see there signature or anything until you wipe it completely clean.

I must say that in my time in magic this is the most disappointing effect I have ever purchased. The DVD is lacking in the explanation part and the effect is really impractical with what you have to do with the sleight of hand. Simply this trick wasn't even worth putting on the market, until really it was devoted more time on it. I think that some teen made some trick and Master of Illusions just published it.

Now with lots and I mean lots of practice you may be able to make this effect look good but I guarantee you, you will go through some money buying pop-tarts and you will always look unnatural when doing this effect.

I give this effect a 1.5/10 simply because the DVD cover is very well designed and the alternate handling is decent, yet takes away from the whole THEY SEE there card IN the POP-TART. The DVD however does spark my creativity.

The effect is $19.99 with about $5.00 shipping in the USA.

D

Deleted member 2755

I actually was going to post a question about this effect in the products section of the site because I thought this sounded so amazing. Well thanks for the heads up because I did plan to buy this.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results