Pop Out Subtlety

ever do the one hand pop out and peoples think you are just akin it from the bottom?

well, try this, when they say this cull a pair of cards, say the black sevens to the bottom. have a card selected and control it second from the bottom. get the cards in clipshift position, show the bottoim card turn the deck back down, clipshift the seven to the top. pop out, and now you can show the bottom card and disprove the belives. use if youd like, obivouisly.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I can't say I've really had this problem... However chances are, if your spectators are catching onto it coming from the bottom... They're gonna notice the fact the 7 has changed. Besides... don't you think that's a little more effort than is necessary, just to prove that you're "right".

If you're having the trouble of people thinking it's coming from the bottom, either work on making it hard and fast so it looks exactly like it's popped-out from the bottom. OR do it behind your back one-handed, covering your eyes with your other hand - it should only take a second at most... bring it out and ask whether you "got it". You've got three things going on here that'll throw 'em off wanting to say things:

- It happened behind your back in less than a second
- You covered your eyes and did it one-handed.
- You asked whether you got it, meaning even you don't know whether it's the right card.

That final one is important, it subtely suggests that you might have missed the card and got the wrong one... certainly not possible if it was coming from the bottom of the deck, there's only one card there ;)

A nice thing to do after things have been confirmed is to fan the deck or spread and say something like "Here you can see it in the middle, I dunno maybe about 31 cards down or so?".

I'll cut it short there, don't want to enforce my way of performing onto you, I'm just trying to show you how I deal with a problem like this. :)

Hope that helped you in someway or another.
- Sean

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results