Pop Over Move Performance

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
EDIT: x111, I suck .no point at all I'm never making another magic video. Maybe flourishing only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I agree with Sinful. A performance includes PATTER and in most cases an AUDIENCE. Why not go out and do this (along with other effects) for some people on the street? Sitting at home in front of your webcam isn't very productive. Sure, you could practice in front of your webcam to check your progress but other than that it wasn't a bad "performance" per say.

Sep 8, 2007
www.youtube.com
Hey man don't worry about it. I think you should re-upload your video because you're just asking how you're doing on this. That's what I thought this was about: helping others with their magic, but these people didn't allow it since it wasn't in front of an audience... Well anyways, I saw the video earlier and thought it was good. I really liked your pass too :D

D

Deleted member 2755

I shouldn't have been so harsh. I'm sorry and now I feel bad. :( well, if the person above said you were looking for input, you should had said so. ;)

I get frustrated a lot because 95% of the magic videos on the internet are 12 year olds doing an effect by themselves for a webcam and then call it a PERFORMANCE. I have no problem with people doing it for their webcam and asking for input because we should do that more and we don't do it enough. However, I feel that watching all of these videos of people doing effects without patter, no audience, and call it a performance just plainly is NOT a performance. Make that video again... make it with patter. Doing an effect with some music in the background for a camera lense does NOT make you a magician! I want to see a new video! :D

Making a video of you doing an effect for a webcam with patter is entirely different than doing it with no talking, some music, and calling it a performance. If you want input, say so on here or in the video and do it without the music, and talk!

-Doug

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
Sinful, I try talking and in the end I can't hear anything. At one point, I screamed just to see what would happen. And nothing. I can't record my voice for some reason. By the way, I'm 14 Mother frencher. I bet I can jones better than you.lol

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Ok. I'm a little concerned.
I understand some frustration with 12 year olds doing BAD magic on the webcam.
My problem is this: if someone records an effect on webcam, then posts it, then you watch it.... you are the audience. It may not be your cup of tea, but doing magic for people to watch online is a perfectly viable forum for performance.
It took almost 20 years for some magicians to accept magic on television as real performance. Fortunately guys like Mark Wilson, Paul Daniels, and Doug Henning went into TV with a whip and a chair and tamed that beast. Now, tv magic is not my favorite venue, but it IS a performance.
Let the kiddos have their internet performance. One day they'll discover live audiences.

Oh, and JPD.... keep going dude. It actually looks pretty decent.

And, your Cardini change is really smooth. That looks like magic bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Like the others have said it's not so much a performance per se, but more of a demonstration. :) Either way I thought it was nicely done.

For those of you interested this pop-over move can be found in Ben Earl's Past Midnight 3 Disc DVD set on the Commercial Card Magic - Disc 1.

I don't use it nearly as much as I should because it really is a neat little production.

- Sean

D

Deleted member 2755

Sinful, I try talking and in the end I can't hear anything. At one point, I screamed just to see what would happen. And nothing. I can't record my voice for some reason. By the way, I'm 14 Mother frencher. I bet I can jones better than you.lol

Normally I just say 12 year olds as a general group. I know there is now way I know what your age is. YAY! I WIN! I'm an official MOTHER FRENCHER! :D By the way, my Jones Change is actually looking pretty awesome right now. ;)

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results