Possible Invisible Deck Idea?

May 3, 2008
I think I may have thought of a way of using the invisible deck concept to perform Blizzard. I can't really explain anymore without risking revealing the invisible deck but what do you guys think of it? Has anyone tried it?

Sep 1, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Locating the card would suck unless you used pencil marks and what if you had the deck flipped on the wrong side. Good idea though if you can get it to work if not I'd go with colosal blizzard.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
The rough and smooth principal using a blank deck has been done. But definitely good thinking.

Check out Erazer by Adrian Gower. Spectator imagines a card, it is shown to be reversed in a blue deck, card has a red back and the faces of the other cards are shown to be blank.

Penguindude, for what you are thinking, I would expect the performance principle to be closer to the Brainwave Deck than the Invisible Deck. There are a lot of variations you can do with the R/S principle and various gaffed (blank and otherwise) decks. Each variation has its benefits and limitations. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss your idea.

For similar blank card effects (other than Blizzard) that don't use the R/S principle, check out:

Point Blank by Michael Ammar and Jordan Cotler

Wipe Out by Peter Duffy

Blank The Magic of Craig Petty (Wipeout is a bonus routine on that DVD)​

I would recommend Craig Petty's DVD. It is probably the most comprehensive DVD on effects using blank cards. It teaches the necessary slights and the routines very well. It is worth the money. It comes with some blank cards, but to perform Wipeout, you will need to purchase two blank gaff decks.

The advantage to Blizzard is that you end clean. Most of the other effects, some or all of the cards can't be examined at the end. That isn't a problem for me, but it may cause some people may not like those effects. However, Blizzard requires a pretty gutsy move and good misdirection skills.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results