Post "Unbuttoned" questions here

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey everyone,
I just released my effect on the Wire titled Unbuttoned. I'd like to say thank you to those who helped me here in the forums and otherwise to release it.This is an effect that has been in the works for the last couple of years. With everyone's help I can finally share it with the magic community.
This effect is one that I have used in walk around environments as well as casual performances for the last little while. I know that it's not for everyone but it has served me well. I believe in total transparency when it comes to marketing so if anyone has any questions or concerns regarding the effect please post them here or PM me I'll be glad to help out.
Thanks,
Josh B.

Jun 1, 2009
It's an interesting concept, but it looks too fishy with the jerking motion, is that entirely necessary? I do like the polo version though, it looks a little more natural. Also, how clean are you after the change? When I unbutton the shirt to show the changed one is sewn on, can I button it back up and not give anything away?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
There are three different changes performed in the trailer. In the first one, which I have termed the permanent change, is completely clean. You can take the shirt off to thoroughly be examined. The downside here is that you cannot change it back imediatley. The reset is instant though. As soon as I do it it is ready to be performed again for another group of people. I perform this as an in the spectators hands change, which takes out the jerkyness.

The polo change is my favorite by far it is the most natural of all. It can't be scrutinized but I have never had anyone attack me wanting to see it. With the polo change people recognize your personal space. The alternate method is also an option, it would accomplish the same thing as a polo change and leave your shirt fairly inspectable afterword. I find the alternate method less practical though.

Jun 1, 2009
Ok gotcha, I just didn't want it to seem all fishy.
You could combine this with Stich by David Gabby and perform a double polo miracle haha.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The main difference is the plot. Red Button is a transposition while Unbuttoned is a color change. With Unbuttoned you can do it with a polo shirt if you'd like. You also have the option to change the button back to it's original color in the complete change. Unbuttoned can also be done in the spectators hand. I hope that helps :)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Live "in the spectators hands" footage

Hey everyone. I was doing unbuttoned a while back and my friend happened to catch it on video.

The quality is pretty bad and the presentation is lacking, but it is an alright example of the "in the spectators hand" version.

I hope it gives you an idea of how it looks live :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Al7-00q54

(Edit) It is now in the media section actually so you can go check it out there

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
For anybody who's on the fence about my effect "Unbuttoned" it's going on sale the 24th and 25th.

That's Thanksgiving in the US and the day after. The sale will be over Saturday morning and the price will be right back up to it's original state. Take advantage while you can!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
For anybody who's on the fence about my effect "Unbuttoned" it's going on sale the 24th and 25th.

That's Thanksgiving in the US and the day after. The sale will be over Saturday morning and the price will be right back up to it's original state. Take advantage while you can!

Okay, it looks like it will be on sale the 25th, not the 24th. Check it out!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results