Postmentalism - Review

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, recently got my hands on Alvo Stockmans Postmentalism and i thought i might as well post up a review on it.

Description:
Before a major event (football game, election, etc), you offer to make a prediction to one of your friends. However in the interest of security, you don’t want to hold on to the prediction yourself, nor do you want your friend to. You offer to mail the prediction in the form of a letter to your spectator's house, using the US Postal Service. In this way, it would be a felony to tamper with it!

You write the prediction, put it in an envelope, address it, put a stamp on it, and hand it to your friend. You then invite him to put the letter in any mailbox in town.

The following day (or whenever the letter happens to arrive), alone at home, your friend's brain will slowly disassemble itself and finally shut down, trying to figure out how you knew.

YES. It's as clean and straight-forward as it sounds. There's absolutely nothing misleading in this description. Get ready to be talked about, this is a reputation maker.

First thoughts

What the hell is this..?

Gimmick
yes, its gimmicked, but the gimmick is something NO ONE would expect. Ever.

Method
I decided to read through the booklet that came with the gimmick after being completely stunned as to why he would give a gimmick like that.
My mind exploded. Literally. The method is so simple yet so incredibly diabolical.

Teaching
alvo goes over the different aspects of the trick pretty quickly, but since theres nothing in the trick that a person who has written a letter wouldnt know, it doesnt really hinder the teaching.
He also gives some examples of how to use the postmentalism effect which is really useful instead of the usual Soccer game outcome.

Should i get it?
Not exactly the trick for the everyday "street" performer or even possibly a theater performer. This trick is more for a one on one show of mentalism to a friend or a client.

Final Thoughts
Overall, brilliant effect, I stand in awe of Alvos crazy awesome mind. Not an effect that i will be using often, but hell, i WILL be using it for some wicked stock market predictions when i next meet my stockbroking relatives.

9/10 from me.
(anyone else think alvo looks like Sylar from Heroes on the front of the post mentalism booklet?)

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
I can't say enough nice things about Postmentalism. In the right context it is an absolute brain smasher.

Since I got the gimmick I've been playing with it and actually have a developed two or three other effects around it. It's a really cool idea.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results