Power Reel by John Kennedy

Jan 16, 2010
Ok, here is a review of Power Reel

My opinion - It sucks

Effect- you are able to have a handkerchief fly around.

Real Effect - Yes you can do that BUT.....

Pro's - When you set it up right and get it going, it really really looks good.

Cons - Good luck setting it up right. There is a huge downside to this and that is, it needs to be set up in a place that is totally under your control.

That's means your house or some place where you can be alone or with an assistant only for a few hours.

The bobbin seems to be a one of a kind. You cannot get the same bobbin anywhere else. I went to a few places and some of the places were specialty sewing stores so one bobbin is all you get. Of course you can rewind it yourself but if you are in a Venue and you something goes wrong, you are SOL.

It jams from normal use. You will not be able to test it unless you are willing to reset the whole stage area because it jams within itself.

Personal experience- It got jammed during the act and all I was able to do was a levitation handkerchief because I had another levitation gimmick placed.
Very VERY VERY VERY hard to use. I think if you become an expert at it, it may be worthwhile but very frustrating to use. If you want to do a simple flying handkerchief, might be worthwhile. It is a huge headache but it may be worth it under the right conditions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results