Powerful mentalism

Sep 1, 2010
hey guys

i was wondering if there is any tricks where you are able to 'read their mind' with no props or just a prediction in your wallet or something, something you can do close up or on the street. something like predicting a number or reading the number in their mind, thought of card, something that seems impromptu!

remember; limited props! youtube links would be highly helpful :)

thanks guys :D

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
WOW just WOW, mentalism is a Beautiful Monster and you have obviously no concept of how it works. My advise would be to learn from the classics, actually Craig Browning has an amazing FREE PDF that is a great pre reading before starting on a long and rewarding journey that is mentalism.

Is what you are asking possible most people on this forum will say no, however I would say it is entirely performable. However you need t understand basic mentalism, and how those foundations grow to create the impossible. For example if you are good enough at it you can simply equivoque a card however a lot of magicians have trouble selling the idea with 3-5 objects, however there are some who can do a card out of 52 very comfortably.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
DICER's got some wise words goin' onnnnn - Go check out the publications he recommends, HOWEVER, I understand that a lot of magicians will want to just throw a simple, hard hitting mentalism effect into their magic, A lot of the guys on TV perform mainly visual magic, but mix it up by throwing a mind reading trick in there.

You should have a look at Kollosal Killer, you just need you're everyday wallet and it plays quite fairly with a nice kicker ending some of the time!

KK introduces what mentalism is quite well, if you're still thirsty, delve further - via Corinda perhaps. Within the first chapter of 13 steps you're taught of a tool that takes up no real pocket space that will allow you to predict ANYTHING! It takes a bit more time to master, but it's very much worth it!

Also be sure to check out www.mindlapse.net - There's a bunch of modern mentalism on there!

DC

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
KK is one of the best effects and it was constantly set up in my wallet.

Dee's material is hugely practical, and I would look there after you have your feet firmly on the ground.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Ok, my FREE PDF was mentioned, and not to sound overly arrogant, you really need to start with it first and foremost so you can understand the differences between Mentalism, Mental Magic as well as the different schools of thought when it comes to performance. I'll warn you however, this PDF offers some insights you won't find in the majority of the currently "correct" tomes out there in that I will show you some of the parallels shared between theatrical Mentalism and genuine mysticism/psychic development. We hear very little about this in our present age and yet, it was well known and spoken of during the first 100 years or so of the craft's existence, fading from sight as certain political regimes came into vogue.

You will also need to read the other FREE PDF ON COLD READING in order to understand one of the more important of all skills associated with Mentalism -- what allows you to create a personal encounter for your patrons and not just some kind of trick demonstration. While the material may seem a bit peculiar at first, it explains this skill more in how it was originally learned vs. today's myriad of theories, claims and canned spiel. To my mind it's best to understand things from the ground out, but I'm just a silly old bear that had this stuff pounded into his head by a bunch of grumpy old cuss'.

Jan 29, 2008
You can get a swami and do TONS of things. My favorite is to guess how much money someone has in their pocket which can be seen here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvySIx5K7VA

Joshua Quinn has an effect called Thought Chunnel in his book Paralies which requires nothing at all. Someone thinks of a word and you take them through a process and they end up thinking of a completely different word. Nothing is written down and everything happens in their mind but you can still tell them what they're thinking of. This is when I performed it on the radio...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDXXJDRhDOY

You might also be interested in the Aleph Wallet. It has a lot of different possibilities and they give you a dvd with several routines on it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results