Practice and Learning

Oct 4, 2007
Why does this seem so hard?
i got through xb with no problem. Learned all the noob stuff and now i am confident. But now going into the system i am feeling so put down. I got the kryptonite and genesis down alright. But everything else is so hard to learn. I cant comprehend even when i put the slow mo version in slow mo speed!

cant some experts give me tips on watching and learning these flourishes and practicing. No matter how long i sit i just dont get it.

Oct 28, 2007
Get trilogy, i have system to and i cant learn from system, so i bouht trilogy and now i can learn all flourishes...

Sep 1, 2007
keep practicing dont give up believe in yourself eat wheaties and you'll be rad

also when you say "got through xb with no problem" is a HUGE RED FLAG that you're not taking the basics seriously. in order to learn everything on xb quickly you have to be some kind of prodigy. just because you can successfully do a move once does not mean you have it down. work on the basics before you try for the "krazy kuts" on the System.

Oct 4, 2007
ok thanks,
i'll look into trilogy but everyone says its super advanced?
i do learn better with teaching though.

i went through a dozen decks doing nothing but getting used to basic material.
i feel comfortable but still im learning. i have ok contral with most but i am still practicing that, i just dont pop in the dvd every day like i used to.

Oct 28, 2007
Hm i dont know how super advance its, some are hard saome are easy... i am in flourishing about 3 weeks or more and i learn madonna and sybil. just practise... xD

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
I don't own XB but i started with the system as a complete begginer and it drove me crazy but you can learn from it. It really is a case of practise, practise and more practise. I think kryponte is one of the harder cuts on the DVD so if you have that down then you can do the rest, just keep at it.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Flourishing requires LOTS OF PATIENCE!!!!
XB only helped you get a little bit easier with the System.
You will see really good results if you keep practicing in the next 4-6 months.

I find it hard to believe you really "breezed" through XB no problem. How are your springs can you get 2 feet with them? Is it nice and fluid? How about your armspreads? Are the long and can you catch with confidence? Have you developed anything for perching have you messed and come up with your own perching routines? Can you do the fans smoothly and easily so that when you start doing manipulation of fans you'll be ready?

Now aside from that, the System and XB deal with different categories and XB barely touches the sybil concept and two handed cuts. I can't comment on the System's teaching, to me I think it's terrible. But people have come out fine by repeatedly watching it and rewinding and even doing MORE slow mo. You're just going to have to bare with it. There is no "wax on wax off" explanation for these kind of moves. This just comes with time. Even if you seem to be getting nowhere with these keep at it.

Sep 1, 2007
I agree the teaching in the System is really bad, but what I did it watch one move. Keep watching and hopefully become a bit familiar with it. Then I went on to learn it, I broke down each move and replayed the cut about a million times, lol. I watched where the positions of their fingers were, and if i had trouble I kept on replaying it and watching that specific move.

I can't actually remember my transition period between XB and The System, but I somehow got really good and breezed through most of the cuts (Not to perfection, but you know, replicating them despite the bad angles)

Oct 6, 2007
my advice sinse the systems slo mo technique is crap and i think they learned from this thats why they acually have text on the trilogy however, the best way to learn some of the cuts from the system is to watch pasteboard anime the home video where they acually tralk and explain how to do some of the cuts that helped me learn a lot easier

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results