Practice Time?

DK.

Sep 26, 2007
How much time do you spend playing with cards because i have my hands on them 24/7 even when i am sleeping. And no i don't shower with them i keep them in the drawers in my bathroom ^_-.

Describe the feeling you had when you first learned the basics of flourishes( Very hard, Easy, Frustrating?)

You know i'm not a xcm but I am trying to become a magician. I actually did my very first trick for a random person last week. What a rush, Anyway, after i did the routine for a girl named breanne i have been making up excuses to myself to just chill out with a deck of cards just practice color changes, simple flourishes, and Tivo 2.0 <--- Awesome trick. Just today I visited my girlfriend at work at about 7:30 and stayed there till she got off 10:30 just practicing and trying to get the moves that I know down pat. I remember I spent 6 hours with my trilogy dvd one day with some music blaring.

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, as many people have said, I practise any time I have. Usually, however, my serious practice times comes just before I go to sleep, for about an hour each day.

- harapan. magic!

P.S. Johan S.: Who wrote the first quote in your signature? Are you sure the secret impresses none?

I think most magicians/flourishers carry cards everywhere, it pretty much comes with the territory. If it's just a casual hobby, you generally pick up something different, if you get into magic/flourishing, then you really like it enough to never put cards down.

Oct 6, 2007
i practice atleast 6 hours a day do jackson five -ten times accurately
-Madonna(s) -20 times
-pandora -10 times
-Sybil(s)- 30 times
-YTBN Cut - 30 times
and other stuff but i usually do more than those reps i posted. just an estimate ^.-

I generally leave my flourishing to be more spontaneoud than a grueling training regime. I'll jsut be listening to some music, pick up a deck and just chill out for an hour or two. Just today I invented a nice cut/display thing, nothing fancy, but it's my first thing that isn't someone elses work so I'm quite proud, just hope someone hasn't beaten me to it. Which is probably likely :(

Sep 2, 2007
I practice ... in the bathroom.
I try to keep away from the bathroom ... I wouldn't want to ruin my deck.

I practice whenever I take my morning run, whenever I'm walking, whenever I'm not in school, whenever MindFreak is on, whenever ... I digress.

In conclusion, whenever I'm not on my computer, I am playing with my cards. In terms of time, 12 hours of a Archiopath's year.

Ergo, whenever I have a chance, I always try to learn some new flourishes, or practice some old ones.

Cheers,
JTM

DK.

Sep 26, 2007
I practice while i am sleeping not literally but when i am on my bed. I practice flourish but it takes me forever to actual do it correctly until 5 sec latter i start sucking.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Yeah, as many people have said, I practise any time I have. Usually, however, my serious practice times comes just before I go to sleep, for about an hour each day.

- harapan. magic!

P.S. Johan S.: Who wrote the first quote in your signature? Are you sure the secret impresses none?

That quote is by Alfred Borden, played by Christian Bale in the movie The Prestige. Amazing movie, go and rent it!

I try to keep away from the bathroom ... I wouldn't want to ruin my deck.

I practice whenever I take my morning run, whenever I'm walking, whenever I'm not in school, whenever MindFreak is on, whenever ... I digress.

In conclusion, whenever I'm not on my computer, I am playing with my cards. In terms of time, 12 hours of a Archiopath's year.

Ergo, whenever I have a chance, I always try to learn some new flourishes, or practice some old ones.

Cheers,
JTM
I find that the computer is one of the best places to practice, you're just sitting there, whynot practice?

I find that the computer is one of the best places to practice, you're just sitting there, why not practice?

I essentially learn all of my one handed cuts while surfing the internet. The only downside is I am shocking at them in my left hand because I just can't get balanced practice in both hands. I'm not a big fan of double handed work anyway so it's not really a problem.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I really want to start amping up my XCM abilities. As of right now, I consider myself much more of a magician than a XCM guy. Heh, I keep a deck of cards on me all the time. Especially when I'm at home.

Let's see...I've got a deck of Masters in the bathroom and the rest are in my room.

I've already bought Xtreme Beginners, and I'm working on random things here and there on that DVD. But, once I feel better about my abilities that I learned from that DVD I'm thinking about buying The System. Those Molecule Cuts just look so fun to be able to do, and I must admit that Kryptonite looks sick...I'm a sucker for one handed cuts.

I also do one handed cuts whenever I'm searching the net.

Shane K.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results