Practicing and Perfecting the Classic Force

Aug 18, 2008
A few years ago, I put a lot of time into finding different and better card forces. The only force I ever liked to use was the classic force, but I could never get the hang of it. I was always afraid to try it in a performance because of the possibility of a mistake. Then I figured out a great way to practice it on spectators without worrying.

Every time I performed a card trick where the selected card did not matter, such as an ACR, I attempted to classic force a random card to see how well I could do. If I messed up, it didnt make a difference and the spectator would never know. A year later I feel I have a very good classic force, which I use every day.

So if you want to get better at the classic force, try this. The only way you can get good is to perform it. No matter how much you sit at home by yourself and practice the movements, it wont help. Have fun!

Once you get the hang of the classic force, I recommend doing it different ways. If you're proficient enough, you'll find it's just as easy to force a card from a face-up spread as it is from a face-down spread. I've recently been using the classic force as a pretty reliable psychological force as well: after a spectator shuffles, I spread the deck before his eyes to see the cards are legitimately mixed. In that process, I visually force a card in the spread. He doesn't even need to actually remove the card at all. You'll see that these variants leave you with a lot more diversity in performance and they're very fun to execute.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results