Practicing Clipshift

May 24, 2008
Hey All,
I was just wondering what you guys think is the best way to practice clipshift. Like if you should practice as if you were doing the move for an audience of turn it over so you can get the finger positioning down, or both. Any advice on how to practice this because I am having a fair amount of trouble.
Thanks,
Holo

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
...Practice using two full decks.
Anyways, I knew this was going to happen. The CS is probably the first "difficult" sleight most people is working on and will have countless amounts of "how to practice" or "what am I doing wrong?"

Just for the info. there are MANY OTHERS that are just as difficult or even more difficult than the CS. Just keep on practicing and expect A LOT of practice.

It took even the best of the best magicians such as Dai Vernon to master some of the difficult sleights in a matter of years.

In my opinion, this is the reason why magic is not evolving as much as it should. Too much people expect easy work or just work on sleights that everyone already knows... only a handful of people who are really into sleight of hand try to advance their magic and technique by practicing more difficult sleights.

Jul 15, 2008
I made the mistake of trying to figuring out the clipshift before the dvd came out. I found the correct method, but missed out on one little subtlety that gives my version horrible angles and I've been trying to repractice to get it the right way, but it's very difficult now that I've been using my version for months now.

May 24, 2008
I made the mistake of trying to figuring out the clipshift before the dvd came out. I found the correct method, but missed out on one little subtlety that gives my version horrible angles and I've been trying to repractice to get it the right way, but it's very difficult now that I've been using my version for months now.
yeah, i didnt try to figure it out

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results