pre shuffled cards

Jan 30, 2011
my friend bought some split spades from dan and dave recently and when he got them they were shrink wrapped but pre shuffled. i didnt think it was a bad thing but id never gotten anything like that before? is it normal for split spades? did david blaine shuffle them himself?!?!

Jul 13, 2010
As Beans said, they come in Mnemonica stack order. Use it to your advantage when opening a fresh deck in front of spectators. If you want to learn more about the stack, check out "Mnemonica" by Juan Tamariz. It`s a great book.

Jan 30, 2011
As Beans said, they come in Mnemonica stack order. Use it to your advantage when opening a fresh deck in front of spectators. If you want to learn more about the stack, check out "Mnemonica" by Juan Tamariz. It`s a great book.

sweet. thanks man

Jun 10, 2010

To be fair, it's better with a new deck. Tamariz's book provides a method for shuffling with faros and overhand shuffles from new deck order to mnemonica, and it lets you show they were in new deck order first and ended with an entirely shuffled deck.

To be fair, it's better with a new deck. Tamariz's book provides a method for shuffling with faros and overhand shuffles from new deck order to mnemonica, and it lets you show they were in new deck order first and ended with an entirely shuffled deck.

The new deck shuffling is great! But if u just false shuffle the Split spades with out even really talking about it than just show it like a shuffled deck might make it a little more simple?

Jul 13, 2010

I know. It`s one of my favorite books. But to be honest, you can`t get that easily into Mnemonica stack without some rearranging from a standard american(bicycle) deck order, but it`s possible right out of the box with decks which come in Fournier/European deck order (such as the Phoenix deck). Nevertheless, I think the strongest thing is not to go from NDO to Mnemonica stack, but to show in the end, after working with the stack for a while, that the cards are in NDO. The preshuffled cards eliminate the need of the faro (or antifaro) and rearranging methods to go right into the stack. I don´t do such long routines as Juan does, and he often goes into Mnemonica stack stepwise, while doing some other performances. I prefer a more direct way.
That`s why I think it`s sometimes nicer to have them already preshuffled in Tamariz stack order. You open the deck, do some 'honest' false shuffles without the need of any faros or Anti4-Faros, do your stack magic and in the end, all the cards are in NDO if you like.
In the end, 'better' is relative and I´m sure David Blaine hasn`t a table ready when working on the streets and he don`t have the time to bore his audience with some faro and rearranging sequences just to go into Mnemonica stack from NDO, so it`s logical he prefers the deck already preshuffled, no ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2010
@ChrisWiens,

He offers a simple, fast overhand shuffling method to shift them into the "European" deck order.

I also agree that NDO to Mnemonica isn't as impressive, but it's just to show the cards have been shuffled "fairly".

Jul 13, 2010
@ChrisWiens,

He offers a simple, fast overhand shuffling method to shift them into the "European" deck order.
Must have missed that. I own the German edition ('Sinfonie in Mnemo-Dur'), which is a bit different, especially in the spelling tricks section and it has a skat section (which is by far the most popular card game here) by Pit Hartling.
But even if you could start in Fournier order (which I mormally do because I use a deck that comes in that order and my preferred opener utilizes the NDO, but not an unopened deck), I still think for some purposes and stand-up, it`s a bit tedious to get into Mnemonica stack. I agree it´s a nice proof that the cards are really mixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results