President Bush Speech Interrupting David Blaine?

http://news.theage.com.au/world/bush-to-make-speech-on-us-bailout-plan-20080925-4njh.html

So apparently a President Bush is going to be on at the same time as David Blaine's ABC coverage of Dive of Death. I presume that the speech will cut out some parts of Dive of Death... which sucks.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see iTricks covering this as well. I also didn't realize that the speech is only 15 minutes long, so hopefully we won't miss too much.

Sep 1, 2007
Thats bull.......I plan on recording this, and I don't want Bush on there. Figures.

Edit: Ok, I guess I should have read Itricks first as well...ha. It seems they will be starting it 15 minutes late, to give Bush his time. So far it looks like they will just cut down on some of the live footage of the stunt, so they dont have to cut any recorded material.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Although Bush giving a successful speech would be as mind blowing in my eyes as David's stunt.

Kidding.

Hope it doesn't cut anything good out. I'm looking forward to this.

David

Sep 1, 2007
Silly president, nobody likes you!

Maybe Blaine's best trick on the special will be going forward in time and politely requesting that Bush not air his "speech" (if you could even call it that).

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
I know its bull your country status is less important than 15 minutes of magic were we will see a man hang up side down doing nothing really and some commerials. The good part isn't till the end any ways.

So if it starts at 9:15 and it's 2 hours long then doesn't that mean that david blaine will be upside down for 60 hours and 15 min or will they cut the magic short and go live at 11:00.

Either way, I think that we should have Bush go hang upside down and watch him magically make the economy dissapear:D

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just to confirm - the special will be pushed back to 9:15pm EST (or around there) to compensate for this delay. No worries.

Just posted a new update in the media section, shot less than 10 minutes ago right on the set.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results