Pressure -- first impressions...

Hey guys...saw a couple people asking about this, so while I know it just came out less than 2 hours ago, I'll throw my first impressions out there and touch on a few things that are important to me.

1. Practicality. This is one of the most important factors for me, when deciding what goes into my act, and what gets tossed out. The amount of pocket space, set up, clean up, availability of an unusual prop (non magic prop though), etc. All things I consider when looking to purchase something new. What turned me onto Pressure was a regular balloon and a borrowed cell phone. That's it. WOW.

2. Packs small & plays big. A BIG requirement for me, as when I get to a show, sometimes I need something that can play in a stand up show or a close up setting. Ideally, I try to have some material that plays well in both scenarios, and I think with some work, this can fit the bill nicely. I say that, because it'll need some work to stretch out the routine to 4-5 minutes, but still keep it interesting and entertaining. Considering that there is only one bit of magic though, the climax, one will have to get a bit creative in this case. It's possible though, for sure.

3. WOW factor. This seems like common sense, but you'd be surprised. For most of my material, I always try to perform something I can see them telling their friends about. In this case, a cell phone is a personal belonging...people are always using their cell phones. If a magician were to come up to you, take your phone, and slam it into a balloon....imagine all the people you'd tell. That is what I see in this effect...something that hits them long after the magic is over, and they keep going back to it. The 'WOW' factor...

Overall, I'd say that it looks to be a solid routine. Workable, and can pack small and play big. With some additional work, one can take it and make it into something that could play well for 20-40 people if they wanted too. I already have ideas in my head to make that happen. For $20, I say it's a win-win situation. You get a strong piece of magic that any beginning magician is capable of pulling off successfully with a bit of effort.

This may be one of my better purchases so far, considering the price.

Best.
Steve

P.S. I will update once I work on it a bit more, and get some performances under my belt. I'll be sure to try it out at the restaurant next week too. :)

I completely agree with your review, Pressure has my vote as a terrific effect.

You touched on something that I believe may be the best part of this effect, the phone is a personal object. I love giving away signed cards/bills/coins etc. when I perform. I know for a fact that this pays dividends down the road. However, people don't look at those items every day but they always have their phone. People live off of their cell phones and will be reminded of this amazing piece of magic each time they use it. That alone sells this effect and puts it into my act.

C

Oct 28, 2007
I agree with you on everything this is by far my favorite purchase from T11 no doubt!

when danny does it with the beer can i was like holy s***!

KevinReylek

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
NY
www.newyorkmagicproject.com
I'm usually not one to jump on releases right away, or to buy downloads. I usually wait for reviews to come in first.

However, DG and DW have a great track record, and the full preview looked absolutely amazing, so I sprung for the download.

I'm really happy with this. I anticipate a lot of good reviews for this, and I can't wait to try it myself.

1 regular balloon and virtually any small borrow object. No gimmicks, no setup.

Excellent work guys!

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Obviously, this is not real magic. You dont just put the object in *snap* just like that. There is a move you have to do to get it in there and then once that is done, your sorted.

Hoped that helped

Cheers, Tom

Thought so but after you've done your "Move" can you blow up the balloon and give it to them?

After Performing...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say I have performed Pressure twice in the past few days. Both times sealed my belief, this is a damn solid effect. What I really enjoy is how simple it is while still being visual. Simple magic allows me to focus on performance without worrying about a knuckle-busting method.

A++ from me after live performances.

C

I love this trick, this will probally be the only trick I carry around with me. Im not the guy who carries around decks of cards. Unless I go out to perform. But now I will never leave home without a ballon.

I like making the ballon pop out instead of leaving it in there.

JDEN

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results