Pressure Goes Around

I looked up some magic sites, and I found that almost any site, included penguin, has pressure now, and I never saw a theory 11 produced dvd on penguin.
I just wanna mention this, and wanna know what you think about this, I find it really cool, and I'm happy for dan & dan, because they sell more of their dvd and get more money.:D
so, what do you think about this?

I looked up some magic sites, and I found that almost any site, included penguin, has pressure now, and I never saw a theory 11 produced dvd on penguin.
I just wanna mention this, and wanna know what you think about this, I find it really cool, and I'm happy for dan & dan, because they sell more of their dvd and get more money.:D
so, what do you think about this?

I don't see why it matters to be honest. Its like all the supermarkets, the majority of the stuff is the same in all shops. But then some have there own little exclusives.

In this case, T11 has their 1on1s, playing cards, and shirts.

Cheers, Tom

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I think it is a double edged sword.

Good because the dvd gets more exposure outside of Theory11 and is greatly available. Stores should not all be sold out and if they are you can go to another site.

Bad for some companies because others may offer big discounts or reduced prices on it thus taking away from the sale at Theory11.

For example: Lets say Murhpy's or Hank Lee is offering some huge blow out sale and you can get all items 25 percent off....not good for all the other companies still selling it at regular price.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Just to be clear, as with all theory11 produced DVD's and playing cards, we both sell the product exclusively on our site and distribute our products ourselves to a growing network of shops worldwide (mostly brick-and-mortar) that support what we believe in and what we are doing.

We do require that stores sell the products for the same price as on the site, as to not devalue the artist's work. Hope this clears things up.

Jul 8, 2008
to tell you the truth, I feel a little ripped off. I loved the effect and I like eveything Danny and Dan put out, but on Penguin, All I need to do is add a little card wallet to my order and get the free shipping, where on T11, I had to pay all that shipping which comes out to like 5 bucks. Idk. It's cool I guess.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
That is also a point I was going to bring up...some sites will do promotional sales where, yes..they keep the same prices as theory11 but then if your order totals....said amount....you get like 25 percent off the entire order.

Jul 8, 2008
Yes, the promotions, and also shipping, like I stated above. If your order is $20 or above you qualify for free shipping and save more money than what T11's would be.

Sep 1, 2007
Amen.

Do not worry about your own troubles in shipping; I can assure you that mine are far greater.

(Anyone? Yes? No? Anyone??)

Einstein.

And yes, shipping prices are crazy right now. Shipping to my location is even more expensive than the DVD itself I'm buying.

*Raises hand for shipping question*
The dollar was pretty good last week, took the chance to buy some decks.

On topic though, I think its good that stuff goes around, you get more sales the more shops your product is in.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results