Pressure vs Ballooned

nayost

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
hi all -

was just browsing though magic sites. here's what i came across... Ballooned by Nefesch. is anyone familiar with his work? i'm curious on your thoughts on this vs pressure by daniel garcia.

peace.

Jan 13, 2008
Yes, because I always cup my hands like that to cover the balloon as I blow it up...doesn't look fishy at all. :rolleyes:

Also, you'd think he would have had a better presentation for an ad like that...not to sound rude, but he came off like an amateur in how he presented the effect.

And you can tell it was aimed at magicians, not at spectators, because of how hard he was trying to prove everything he did...signing the balloon, STARING at what the dude was signing (I'm not gunna go into why this was so suspect, but it was), two missed calls, and mentioning over and over again that his phone was inside the balloon (which is useful, in case I couldn't see...then I'd know every step of the way what's happening...but then again, I can see what's going on, so shut up and maybe your effect will speak for itself and seem more like magic).

Overall, I was totally not impressed. I'll stick to Pressure or Air Tight (blah, so much set up time for that one, but the effect is so strong!) if I want to do a balloon effect, thanks.

Aug 31, 2007
Nefesch's "Balooned" is a great visual effect. Although it is not impromptu like Pressure is. Balooned does need something extra to accomplish this effect.

Pressure would be good for walkaround and doing it at a moments notice.

Balooned is good for sitting down or doing it on stage.

-Rahat

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Nefesch's "Balooned" is a great visual effect. Although it is not impromptu like Pressure is. Balooned does need something extra to accomplish this effect.

Pressure would be good for walkaround and doing it at a moments notice.

Balooned is good for sitting down or doing it on stage.

-Rahat

I have to agree with you there.

Synth_Infuion has a great point..neither a better, because each has their own advantage and work different in what situation you're in.

Nefesch's has released some great magic and I own a few effects from TitanasMagic also.

Very talented and creative people.

Are you all kidding me? You think Pressure looks better than this? I must disagree. Yeah his performance sucked, yeah he hid the phone behind the balloon. But at least he didn't have to eat the balloon like you do in pressure. Talk about "fishy" moves.

The balloon is clearly inside the blown up balloon with no slobber all over the outside and it is then handed out for the spectator to remove at the end. To each his own I guess but I wish I'd seen this before I wasted $20 on a kids trick.

Jan 28, 2009
Are you all kidding me? You think Pressure looks better than this? I must disagree. Yeah his performance sucked, yeah he hid the phone behind the balloon. But at least he didn't have to eat the balloon like you do in pressure. Talk about "fishy" moves.

The balloon is clearly inside the blown up balloon with no slobber all over the outside and it is then handed out for the spectator to remove at the end. To each his own I guess but I wish I'd seen this before I wasted $20 on a kids trick.

Quoted for so much ****ing truth it actually hurts.

My thoughts exactly.

"I always bite through balloons" because that's less ****ing fishy, lol. Please. When I blow up a balloon my saliva always ends up outside the balloon. And when I ram a phone into a balloon I can only show you the -top- of it. Both are ****ing fishy, but Pressure takes the cake. Ballooned wins imo, because it took me more than one viewing of the demo video to figure out the effect, unlike Pressure which I figured out from a ****ing teaser that I saw once, and I'm yet to meet someone outside of these forums that I show the teaser to that doesn't immediately know how the effect is done.

All this talk of exposing Pressure, lol. Please they need to take the teaser down to stop exposure of that trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008

You can blow the balloon up, hand it to them, and then have them take the phone out in Pressure, as well, without "eating" the balloon. Since you have the effect, check the protected forum--an alternate handling was released recently.

And just as a note, the "eating" is justified in that you're puncturing the balloon to get the phone out. There is no justification in cradling the balloon as you inflate it; a balloon is not a baby, you don't need to cradle it as you inflate it. Also, the over-justification in signing the balloon and having them call you multiple times is uncalled for--oh wait, maybe it's to bring attention to the fact that you have to use your own phone, instead of just borrowing theirs (which would be much more practical and more convincing). :rolleyes:

You can blow the balloon up, hand it to them, and then have them take the phone out in Pressure, as well, without "eating" the balloon. Since you have the effect, check the protected forum--an alternate handling was released recently.

And just as a note, the "eating" is justified in that you're puncturing the balloon to get the phone out. There is no justification in cradling the balloon as you inflate it; a balloon is not a baby, you don't need to cradle it as you inflate it. Also, the over-justification in signing the balloon and having them call you multiple times is uncalled for--oh wait, maybe it's to bring attention to the fact that you have to use your own phone, instead of just borrowing theirs (which would be much more practical and more convincing). :rolleyes:

The alternate handling isn't worth a flip either. The balloon does not stay in like he claims it will. I have tried this many times and as soon as you blow it up it pops out. Maybe he used his own phone so he doesn't have to hand the spec a sloppy wet phone back. I assume he signed it for the same reason we have cards signed. To show it's the same balloon that the spec inspected.

Feb 9, 2009
Reno, NV
Hmmm, there are some pros and cons for that trick, I'd have to admit.

It seems very clean from the looks of it, but the setup and process looks very harsh, suspicious, and scattered. How it was being handled was just awful.

Jan 13, 2008
The alternate handling isn't worth a flip either. The balloon does not stay in like he claims it will. I have tried this many times and as soon as you blow it up it pops out. Maybe he used his own phone so he doesn't have to hand the spec a sloppy wet phone back. I assume he signed it for the same reason we have cards signed. To show it's the same balloon that the spec inspected.
I've yet to have a problem with having the phone stay in the balloon...but given your explanation of why you don't like Pressure, I can see why you would say the things you do (if I couldn't even keep a phone in the balloon as taught, or couldn't even blow up a balloon without spitting all over the inside, then I'd likely be upset with the trick, too--because it's never our fault as a performer when things go wrong :rolleyes:).

And as for him using his own phone, I'm quite sure it's due to the nature of his method. And the signing of the balloon is definitely over-proving (running when not being chased)...why would the spec be thinking anything funny is going on with the balloon? Having them sign it only puts that thought in their head (right away, the thought of "Why am I signing the balloon?" goes through your mind, or at least should--it sends off HUGE warning bells, as does his looking very intently at what you're writing, and his cupping of the balloon as he starts to blow it up--hell, his whole effect looks fishy). "Has anyone ever had you sign a balloon before?" No, because it's a balloon, it's supposed to be fair just by its very nature. :rolleyes:

Personally, I like how his audience member seemed more confused than anything throughout the trick. Like...totally bewildered about what as going on. There was such a lack of magic due to the over-proving of the effect--the spec had no idea what was happened. Heck, I didn't even know why he was doing half of what he was doing--a lot of it was so unnecessary. Maybe there is something useful on the DVD, I don't really know, nor will I, because from the promo it just doesn't seem like an effect that I want. Maybe it's a personal thing, I don't know.

Oh well. If I want an impromptu something in balloon effect, I have Pressure. If I want a cards in balloon, minus the selection, effect (with a decent amount of set-up), I have Air Tight. I can even combine the two (giving you an effect that looks very much like this Ballooned effect), if I really wanted, but the thing is I wouldn't--I can do the effect impromptu, so there's really no need to go through any sort of unnecessary setup or over-proving that everything is fair.

To each their own, I suppose. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results