Princess and the Frog : Flourish Move.

Oct 5, 2008
In the newest Disney Movie, " The princess and the frog" The main Villain is a Magician, and during this scene he performs some really great flourishes. I know a couple of them are impossible but there is one that i see that is possible, and dont know if the move already exists. Here watch at 2:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVQGgleinA
I think this would look great, thanks.

In the newest Disney Movie, " The princess and the frog" The main Villain is a Magician, and during this scene he performs some really great flourishes. I know a couple of them are impossible but there is one that i see that is possible, and dont know if the move already exists. Here watch at 2:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aVQGgleinA
I think this would look great, thanks.

I wish you people would do your research better.

Doctor Facilier (pronounced Fac-Ill-Ea) is a Voodoo Witch doctor & palm reader who has some kind of pack with the dark spirits of voodoo (known as the Loa). Though the movie does not clarify I surmise that the Loa he's made a pact with is Baron Samedi, given that Samedi's influences is that of the dead and the crossroads. Alas I digress.

While Doctor Facilier may give the impression of a magician, at fault of the character department no doubt, he is in fact NOT a magician. I think it's a bit of a misnomer to call him such seeing how magicians accomplish their craft through illusions and misdirection.

As to the flourish... yeah, that would look neat if you could actually do it.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Just to pick nits, magician meant practictioner of sorcery for much longer than it has meant conjurer. Depending on what time frame this movie is set in (I have no idea, haven't seen it and couldn't tell from the preview I barely remember), magician as sorcerer may be more accurate than magician as conjurer.

Just to pick nits, magician meant practictioner of sorcery for much longer than it has meant conjurer. Depending on what time frame this movie is set in (I have no idea, haven't seen it and couldn't tell from the preview I barely remember), magician as sorcerer may be more accurate than magician as conjurer.

not to nit your pick but the movie setting is New Orleans 1920`s to 1930`s. It is ambigious to a specific date.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results