Prism by Joshua Jay review

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Overall trick rating: 9/10

Overall DVD teaching:6/10
-He doesn't go into much detail about all the moves and sleights here, some sleights he just briefly teaches you how to do, for example you need to know the Diagonal Palm Shift to do one of his routines in the DVD, he doesn't teach you the finger placement and all for the move, so I found that really disappointing . Some instructions were not clear also.

Routines:9/10
-Really loved his routines in here, all were very stunning , but some were difficult to do.

Prism Deck:8/10
-I would have preferred the deck to be in a bicycle stock than a phoenix stock. Some places its hard to find a phoenix deck, like my country , so basically most of the tricks taught you can't do. You will need another deck of phoenix. I thought that they really should have added the 4 aces from another phoenix deck into the Prism deck, so that we won't have problems finding another phoenix deck to get the 4 aces. So was really disappointed with this.

I got it, you should do what I did:
Replace the multi coloured phoenix aces and red phoenix aces with aces from bicycles and other various decks. (I used studs.)
This isn't a shameless plug, I'm genuinely wanting to show you. But watch the first trick of my video. I perform Prism, and show the last ace location. You'll see what I mean with the cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmT3Uj_sa08

And I totally know what you mean about the teaching. He completely forgets to tell you how to set up for the last phase of the routine. Without giving anything away, you have to figure out on your own that you need to do a four card top turn over. (So the four cards are upside down on the deck.) He teaches later the four ace production, but you have to work in your own way of getting ready with your own misdirection. But you need to figure out yourself.
Anyway, I'm rambling, I'm sorry. Either way, watch this, you'll see what cards I replaced to make it work.
I end up taking out almost 12 cards and replacing them before I perform this.
Hope this helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results