Professional Close Up Magic Show LIVE

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
This is a close up magic show that I recently did at 'Anna Charlie' restaurant last month. I've combined my top five favorite magic effects of all time into one show, and as you can see by the audience's reactions, these effects are something that the audience will talk about for a long time. Now, I would like a few people to analyze my performance and break it down to see what improvements should be made. Craig Browning and Rick Everhart, at least I know I could count on you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrKZQQpodbY

good show! i only have two things to comment on, 1. phone speakers, if your gonna use music use it right, even putting it in a bowl would've helped. and 2. the order of the tricks should be changed. you switch from a red backed deck immediately to a blue backed deck for no other reason than you needed to for the trick. a deck switch would have been much better (keeping the same color) or just do after mcdonald's aces go into something that isn't cards (stand up monte or the money trick you did would be perfect) then come back to the cards.

other than that i liked it.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
That's something that I really appreciate about you Pete. You put yourself out there and seek some honest feedback. I remember the first videos I watched of you and the growth I've seen in a short time has been great. I'll definitely give this a watch after work.

Sep 16, 2014
Michigan, USA
I viewed this earlier and wanted to revisit to say, although the set itself was a little offset, it was an overall good performance. Great job on the effects also. I enjoyed it!

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
good show! i only have two things to comment on, 1. phone speakers, if your gonna use music use it right, even putting it in a bowl would've helped. and 2. the order of the tricks should be changed. you switch from a red backed deck immediately to a blue backed deck for no other reason than you needed to for the trick. a deck switch would have been much better (keeping the same color) or just do after mcdonald's aces go into something that isn't cards (stand up monte or the money trick you did would be perfect) then come back to the cards.

other than that i liked it.
Thank you very much Anthony! Usually I use the same deck and do a deck switch, but I brought a different deck that day for some reason haha. By the way, putting it in a bowl will help in which ways? Make the music louder?

Yeah, i'm not really sure how it works but if you put a speaker in a bowl (glass is best) it will make it louder.
I think it reverberates the sound upwards instead of being omni-directional. try it.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah, i'm not really sure how it works but if you put a speaker in a bowl (glass is best) it will make it louder.
I think it reverberates the sound upwards instead of being omni-directional. try it.

That is correct. If you put a smaller speaker into a bowl or bowl-shaped object (or even lean it against a wall) it bounces the sound all in one direction which seems to amplify it to those who are in that direction.

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
That is correct. If you put a smaller speaker into a bowl or bowl-shaped object (or even lean it against a wall) it bounces the sound all in one direction which seems to amplify it to those who are in that direction.

Wow that is a great idea! I will definitely try that!

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
That's something that I really appreciate about you Pete. You put yourself out there and seek some honest feedback. I remember the first videos I watched of you and the growth I've seen in a short time has been great. I'll definitely give this a watch after work.

Wow your comment absolutely made my day Mr. Justin Morris, I am so glad to hear from you! I've been performing a lot for real people lately, which helps a lot in calming my nerves as well as help to improve my presentation. Looking forward to your feedback after you viewed the video :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results