Prohibition: Provisions Review

Sep 17, 2007
Ever since Jeff told me he was sending me an advanced copy of Provisions, the bonus disc which is included in the relaunch of Charlie Justice's Prohibition effect, I've been giddy as a school boy (just like Indy's dad). I couldn't wait to get it in the mail as I am a big fan of Prohibition and I knew that his new ideas would be dynamite. Finally got my grubby little hands on it and I have to say, Provisions does not disappoint!

For those of you who have been living in a cave for the past three years, Prohibtion is an effect that Charlie Justice released about three years ago to incredible acclaim. It is the CLEANEST cap in bottle effect you're ever likely to see (demo here: http://jeffpiercemagic.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9). There have been many others before and since but I still think Prohibition has them beat when it comes to practicality and visual astonishment.

So what is Prohibition: Provisions? It is a package which includes the original Prohibition dvd and a second full length dvd, Provisions, which is packed with really good new ideas and routines. As with the first dvd, the production values are excellent (Jeff did an absolutely amazing job, here).

But what really counts is the content. And Charlie does not disappoint. Here's the the thing, I knew I was going to like this second disc even before I got it. Why? Because Charlie is a smart and very creative guy who doesn't just release anything. I knew there would be real value in this second dvd and not just a bunch of minor variations here and there. And I was right.

The dvd starts off with “Hints and tips”. Good stuff, here, including hold out ideas and ideas using other objects besides caps.

The “Additional Ideas” section is fantastic. Charlie teaches a sign cap in bottle effect that is very good. The instant re-do is also very clever and something a lot of magicians will use.

“Ninja Moves” is great. Based on Karate Coin ideas, Charlie teaches similar ideas for use with the folded cap.

“Killer Bonus Ideas” is a section dedicated to... killer bonus ideas! “The Coin Accomplice” was first offered as a PDF for purchasers of “Prohibition” when it was first released a few years ago. And it is a great routine! I really love it. And the “Ninja Fold” ideas are just amazing. Very clever ways of having a full, unbent cap penetrate the bottle.

All in all, the second dvd is fantastic.

If you don't own Prohibition, now's the time to get it as the Provisions dvd comes with it for free. If you do own Prohibition, you'll have to buy the first disc again in order to get the second disc for free but it looks like Jeff and Charlie will be releasing Provisions as a download from jeffpiercemagic.com in the near future.

Prohibition is a modern classic. And the ideas on the Provisions dvd definitely takes the concept to a new level. Highly recommended.

Here's the ad copy:

Charlie Justice and Jeff Pierce Magic are relaunching their hit DVD “Prohibition: The Ultimate Cap in Bottle” exclusively through Murphy’s Magic Supplies Inc. Since its initial release in 2006, Prohibition has been a best seller and allows magicians around the world to perform the cap in bottle effect seemingly impromptu! No longer needed is the setup time involved with other cap in bottle effects. Simply walk up to someone, borrow their bottle and perform a miracle right before their very eyes. This has become the legacy of Prohibition.

Flash forward to 2009 where Charlie Justice has not stood on his laurels. He has taken all the things that made Prohibition great like the impromptu nature of the effect, the ability to borrow any bottle and to have everything examined before and after and come up with some new ideas and moves to make the Cap Trap effect even better, it’s called Provisions, and it’s FREE!!!

Included with every Prohibition DVD is a second bonus DVD called “Prohibition Provisions”. On this full DVD you’ll find:

“Hints and Tips” which includes:
Removing and bending the cap
Ideas on bringing your own using a borrowed bottle
The Perfect Holdouts
Increasing the power of your PK ring
Using other items besides the bottle cap

“Additional Ideas” which includes:
The Instant Re-Do
Signed Cap in Bottle

“Ninja Moves”
The Ninja Pinch
The Ninja Stab

“Killer Bonus Ideas” including:
The Coin Accomplice
The Sobriety Test
Ninja Fold #1
Ninja Fold #2/Full Cap in Bottle

Did we say it’s FREE!!!

We’ve received a number of email questions regarding this DVD release so let us answer them here.

Q. Do I need to know how to do Prohibition to take advantage of the bonus material?
A. Yes you do. Charlie does not explain Prohibition or the Cap Trap Effect in detail on the Provisions DVD so it requires knowledge of Prohibition first.

Q. Do I need anything else to perform Prohibition or the bonus material?
A. As with Prohibition, to perform the items on Provisions you will need either a strong magnet or some form of PK ring. Neither is included with the DVD but readily available from your Magic retailer.

Q. Is the information very hard to learn?
A. While some ideas like “The Cap Trap Effect” or “The Sobriety Test” will require practice, we are confident you’ll get up to speed very quickly and be frying people with this in no time.

Q. I already own Prohibition so do I need to buy the DVD again to get the bonus DVD Provisions?
A. At this time the bonus DVD Provisions is only available in combination with the original Prohibition DVD. Sometime in the near future the Provisions DVD will be available as a Digital Download from www.jeffpiercemagic.com. Keep checking there for further information.

Q. How much will it cost?
A. The price for the two DVD set of Prohibition and Provisions will remain the same price as the former Prohibition DVD. Check with your local or online Magic retailer for their current price, but that means the Provisions DVD is FREE when you purchase Prohibition!!!

If you have any additional questions about Prohibition and Provisions feel free to email Charlie at charliejustice@gmail.com,
Jeff Pierce at jeffpiercemagic@aol.com,
or visit the website at www.jeffpiercemagic.com.

Ever since Jeff told me he was sending me an advanced copy of Provisions, the bonus disc which is included in the relaunch of Charlie Justice's Prohibition effect, I've been giddy as a school boy (just like Indy's dad). I couldn't wait to get it in the mail as I am a big fan of Prohibition and I knew that his new ideas would be dynamite. Finally got my grubby little hands on it and I have to say, Provisions does not disappoint!

For those of you who have been living in a cave for the past three years, Prohibtion is an effect that Charlie Justice released about three years ago to incredible acclaim. It is the CLEANEST cap in bottle effect you're ever likely to see (demo here: http://jeffpiercemagic.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9). There have been many others before and since but I still think Prohibition has them beat when it comes to practicality and visual astonishment.

So what is Prohibition: Provisions? It is a package which includes the original Prohibition dvd and a second full length dvd, Provisions, which is packed with really good new ideas and routines. As with the first dvd, the production values are excellent (Jeff did an absolutely amazing job, here).

But what really counts is the content. And Charlie does not disappoint. Here's the the thing, I knew I was going to like this second disc even before I got it. Why? Because Charlie is a smart and very creative guy who doesn't just release anything. I knew there would be real value in this second dvd and not just a bunch of minor variations here and there. And I was right.

The dvd starts off with “Hints and tips”. Good stuff, here, including hold out ideas and ideas using other objects besides caps.

The “Additional Ideas” section is fantastic. Charlie teaches a sign cap in bottle effect that is very good. The instant re-do is also very clever and something a lot of magicians will use.

“Ninja Moves” is great. Based on Karate Coin ideas, Charlie teaches similar ideas for use with the folded cap.

“Killer Bonus Ideas” is a section dedicated to... killer bonus ideas! “The Coin Accomplice” was first offered as a PDF for purchasers of “Prohibition” when it was first released a few years ago. And it is a great routine! I really love it. And the “Ninja Fold” ideas are just amazing. Very clever ways of having a full, unbent cap penetrate the bottle.

All in all, the second dvd is fantastic.

If you don't own Prohibition, now's the time to get it as the Provisions dvd comes with it for free. If you do own Prohibition, you'll have to buy the first disc again in order to get the second disc for free but it looks like Jeff and Charlie will be releasing Provisions as a download from jeffpiercemagic.com in the near future.

Prohibition is a modern classic. And the ideas on the Provisions dvd definitely takes the concept to a new level. Highly recommended.

Here's the ad copy:

Charlie Justice and Jeff Pierce Magic are relaunching their hit DVD “Prohibition: The Ultimate Cap in Bottle” exclusively through Murphy’s Magic Supplies Inc. Since its initial release in 2006, Prohibition has been a best seller and allows magicians around the world to perform the cap in bottle effect seemingly impromptu! No longer needed is the setup time involved with other cap in bottle effects. Simply walk up to someone, borrow their bottle and perform a miracle right before their very eyes. This has become the legacy of Prohibition.

Flash forward to 2009 where Charlie Justice has not stood on his laurels. He has taken all the things that made Prohibition great like the impromptu nature of the effect, the ability to borrow any bottle and to have everything examined before and after and come up with some new ideas and moves to make the Cap Trap effect even better, it’s called Provisions, and it’s FREE!!!

Included with every Prohibition DVD is a second bonus DVD called “Prohibition Provisions”. On this full DVD you’ll find:

“Hints and Tips” which includes:
Removing and bending the cap
Ideas on bringing your own using a borrowed bottle
The Perfect Holdouts
Increasing the power of your PK ring
Using other items besides the bottle cap

“Additional Ideas” which includes:
The Instant Re-Do
Signed Cap in Bottle

“Ninja Moves”
The Ninja Pinch
The Ninja Stab

“Killer Bonus Ideas” including:
The Coin Accomplice
The Sobriety Test
Ninja Fold #1
Ninja Fold #2/Full Cap in Bottle

Did we say it’s FREE!!!

We’ve received a number of email questions regarding this DVD release so let us answer them here.

Q. Do I need to know how to do Prohibition to take advantage of the bonus material?
A. Yes you do. Charlie does not explain Prohibition or the Cap Trap Effect in detail on the Provisions DVD so it requires knowledge of Prohibition first.

Q. Do I need anything else to perform Prohibition or the bonus material?
A. As with Prohibition, to perform the items on Provisions you will need either a strong magnet or some form of PK ring. Neither is included with the DVD but readily available from your Magic retailer.

Q. Is the information very hard to learn?
A. While some ideas like “The Cap Trap Effect” or “The Sobriety Test” will require practice, we are confident you’ll get up to speed very quickly and be frying people with this in no time.

Q. I already own Prohibition so do I need to buy the DVD again to get the bonus DVD Provisions?
A. At this time the bonus DVD Provisions is only available in combination with the original Prohibition DVD. Sometime in the near future the Provisions DVD will be available as a Digital Download from www.jeffpiercemagic.com. Keep checking there for further information.

Q. How much will it cost?
A. The price for the two DVD set of Prohibition and Provisions will remain the same price as the former Prohibition DVD. Check with your local or online Magic retailer for their current price, but that means the Provisions DVD is FREE when you purchase Prohibition!!!

If you have any additional questions about Prohibition and Provisions feel free to email Charlie at charliejustice@gmail.com,
Jeff Pierce at jeffpiercemagic@aol.com,
or visit the website at www.jeffpiercemagic.com.

This whole project sounds killer on my way there now to check it out!

Shane

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results