Promo video

Oct 22, 2011
California
I really liked your promo video. The effects that you chose were killer and super visual which is good. The only thing I didn't really like is the beginning credits and how there's just a still photo of you springing the cards while the title is coming up. Maybe you could substitute the photo with simple clips of you just walking around or some scenery shots that lead up to your first effect. Once again, very nicely done and I wish you luck with your magical endeavors.

Thank you. I was looking for some reply like that. I wanted to make beginning different but I did not have enough video material for it because of that I had to use my new promo picture from the same scene. Thank you again for your nice reply!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Hello guys,

I would love to hear what do you think about my new promo video. Hopefully you will like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvgyBLYjD1o

Michael

Hey man, great video. However, it's not good from the hiring point of view. If I want to hire you for a party or a wedding, you didn't give me any reason to do so. Your promo video must be of you performing live for other people, and capture their reactions. Employee doesn't care what you can do with a deck of cards, they need to know that you can satisfy their customers. Sorry bro, but if you wanna listen to me, make a new video with all the live performances and peoples reactions.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
thank you for your opinion..!!!

Didn't mean to sound negative or like a jerk, I'm just talking from a professional point of view. That is how I landed a cruise ship gig for life. You need a good resume and a video with live performances. If you have any more questions about it, I'll be more than glad to help ;)

I did not take it negative. I want reply like this. It will actually help you more. I will put more videos and photos about people reaction on my web. I just wanted to make video like this without ,,interrupting,, people reactions. I wanted to make something little bit different you know. Michael

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I did not take it negative. I want reply like this. It will actually help you more. I will put more videos and photos about people reaction on my web. I just wanted to make video like this without ,,interrupting,, people reactions. I wanted to make something little bit different you know. Michael
Oh ok, makes sense. You know what would be the best promo video? Combine them. That is what I'm gonna do with mine. Let's say you start the video like you did with a color change, than insert some spectators reaction, than another solo, than another with audience, and keep going like that, one for one. And end the video with the biggest reaction you can record, and voila, perfect of both worlds.

I do agree but if I take it from director view it would kill the video..a lot of cuts makes you dizzy. I want to bring them clean view on everything but again thank you for your view on audience. I do have a lot of material from it and I will cut new one. Btw. I am going on Carnival Cruise in two months to Bahamas..! :)

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I do agree but if I take it from director view it would kill the video..a lot of cuts makes you dizzy. I want to bring them clean view on everything but again thank you for your view on audience. I do have a lot of material from it and I will cut new one. Btw. I am going on Carnival Cruise in two months to Bahamas..! :)
Oh wow, sounds great. Every Carnival ship has a magician, so just make sure when you go to dinner in the dining room to request a magician to come to your table. He will probably be from India since 90% of them are. You can also tell him that you know a magician from Carnival Splendor (that's me) lol.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
To be honest, even if I was an event planner looking for entertainment, and I found your video, and liked it, and then went to your website... the moment I saw your website, I would close it (in under 3 seconds) and start looking for another magician.

High quality produced video... lowest possibly quality website = no bueno/ no good.

May 4, 2008
Nice production quality, the magic you chose was clear and well executed. I agree that you want to consider your target market when making your video... Including some live performance wouldn't hurt, and you definitely can intercut some of this footage into it. I think the most important thing to do is to make yourself seem to be already the thing that you are trying to get booked for... so if you want to be working cruiseships, your video should look like you are already doing that type of work.. if you want to be headlining theatres, you need to make yourself seem like you are already a celebrity... (include tv appearances, news interviews, etc)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results