Oct 5, 2017
I used to hate marketing and trying to network so I did some research on tactics to reach out to more people. The newest thing I've been trying with great results is posting videos on social media/youtube. Easy content catches people's eye and generates interest faster than anything else. Anyway I've written a blog post about 6 of the tactics I've successfully used to help promote myself as a magician. Hope it helps anyone currently struggling: https://themagicreviewer.com/promot...ree-promotion-strategies-you-can-start-today/

Does anyone recommend any other tactics? Magic conventions/ business cards/ google ads?

Reactions: RickEverhart

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
The trick (no pun intended) right now is to find the older generation (these are your company bosses in their 50s and up) who will be paying you. They are not typically on Snap, Twitter, etc. Some are on Facebook, but most are contacted through word of mouth or good old fashion websites or email.

The younger crowd is in fact the social circle utilizing social media. It's a happy medium. I've had staff of restaurants see me via social media or in person and then they refer me to their boss. You need to go after both markets.

Right now I only use a website, Facebook, Business Cards and that's it. I will probably begin to use Instagram some soon to see if that boosts some revenue. I also use an app called Thumbtack, which has landed me tons of gigs however you also are paying money to send out leads to potential clients who may or may not book you. Takes some money to make money if that makes sense.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
That’s actually something I never even thought about. Great advice Rick thankyou for that. Do you ever use agencies?

I have used agents before. They are a great way to get out there and get your feet wet. Be prepared though, they take 20% of your income, but that is pretty standard in the industry.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results