Promposal Magic

Davis West

Elite Member
Dec 26, 2013
I'm currently a freshman and I love to try and come up with great routines. One of my large interests is asking someone to prom with magic. I want to make sure I'm ready to give the best promposal by the time I'm a junior.

Here are my ideas:
1.) Floating Rose and end with Dresscode and my shirt says "Prom?"
2.) Token by Sansminds and have the straw heat say "Prom?"
3.) Have someone pick a "random" card that turns out to be blank and says "Prom?" with a check box for yes and no and ask them to sign the card
4.) The ring trick on "The Working Man" from Ellusionist where the box becomes a ring box when you cut the cards

I hope these ideas can inspire you guys to do something amazing!
If you have and tips, suggestions, or ideas feel free to comment!

Reactions: Dominic7899
I find that using magic to acquire a date to a high school dance a bit tripe. Magic is suppose to have meaning, and power. It's an art form, and using it as a crutch to express the words you are unable to say on your own really deludes the effect magic can have on people.

Think like a magician: If you really had super powerful cosmic abilities that could warp space and time would you really use them to get a date to a dance? Seems like a bit of a misuse of power doesn't it? Magic is a gift that we can give to others. What they receive thru the vehicle that is a magical presentation is the gifts of love, inspiration, imagination, creation, lessons, and expression.

Reactions: James Kard
Nov 10, 2014
If you really had super powerful cosmic abilities that could warp space and time would you really use them to get a date to a dance?
Jim Carey used God powers for less in Bruce Almighty.

Aside from the joke I needed to put out there I agree with what you said.

Apr 7, 2016
Kentucky
Think like a magician: If you really had super powerful cosmic abilities that could warp space and time would you really use them to get a date to a dance? Seems like a bit of a misuse of power doesn't it? Magic is a gift that we can give to others. What they receive thru the vehicle that is a magical presentation is the gifts of love, inspiration, imagination, creation, lessons, and expression.
That. is. deep. You are right in that way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results