Propaganda First Thoughts (Quick Impression)

Ok, I just got the deck :eek:. These cards fan like a 54" High Velocity Indoor/Ooutdoor Pedestal Fan! I stand like I did before about the back design, it rocks. The ace looks better in person... Kinda like a Royal Badass (if that makes any sense). The cards are not off white like some people (including myself) thought they were (meaning the card itself is white). Take away the back design and ace of spades, everything else is the same. I saw some people talk about the court cards and how they thought much more could have been done. I kinda feel the same way. Given how T11 said "A welcomed departure from the theory11 signature black playing card style" (though I do love Cents & Guards) I feel the rest of the color scheme should have taken a hiatus with them. That's just based on the look of the deck. That's not to say in anyway that I do not like the deck. I'll probably end up picking up some more decks as time goes on. As for feel, I can't really put a lot behind it till i've taken them for some kinda drive. That's all i've got for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
England
Cool overview. I think I'll need to pick some of these up.
Ha, the court cards being normal, I remember reading somewhere someone complaining that the Guardian cards being a deeper red ripping off Wynn's. Guess you just can't win. :p
Good job, what's the stock like?
-S

Jan 13, 2008
Thanks for the first impressions! :) (although, kind of missed the proper forum--the Review forum would have been the place for it, seeing as a first impression is still a review)

Anyway, I'm somewhat disappointed that they aren't beige/khaki, but that's okay. I'll still be picking up a deck for the collection, and a few extras (for practicing, and for using in certain routines, when they fit the theme). I'm glad to hear that they aren't as stiff as the other custom decks, as I find limber cards easier to work with.

Again, thanks for the mini-review! :)

You're right about posting this in the review forum. I'm gonna use my noobie coin though lol. Since this is my first review of any sort and only my 3rd thread (not including the one I introduced myself with). I just want to let people know aswell that this is only my personal opinion and a lot of people may not feel the same way I do. That said, I intend to try and break these in within the next day or so to get a proper feel for them.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Cool to hear the first, first impressions of these. I remember Andrei saying somewhere that Props are much thinner and easier to manipulate. I'd love to see some pictures though...if that's possible.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
hahhahaha xD like a 54" High Velocity Indoor/Ooutdoor Pedestal Fan..

I dont think I'll be getting one, maybe if I do just one or two to try them, they dont convince me in pictures maybe in person they will..

Jan 13, 2008
Just to clarify - the faces are, of course, white. However, the back design color is the beige / canvas tone, as mentioned in previous posts.
I know...that's saddening. All this talk about beige, I was hoping it was the faces (along with the borders--the backs then being a bit darker of a shade), to make them a bit different looking from the average card. That was one of the things that was exciting me about the deck (and is the reason I enjoy the 1800's so much...they look so damn good, because the faces are slightly different and not just the backs). :(

Oh well, I'll still be picking a few up for the collection. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results